Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting Stable

I went to the doctor and got antibiotics yesterday. I always ask them what my weight was the last time I was there. I had lost 8 pounds since the last time I was there. It was a nice reminder at a time when I needed a mental uplift. Even though I fluctuated up a little, I am still way down from where I used to be.

This week had its ups and downs. It was a difficult week in some ways but a victorious week in others. For one, I went to work every day, cooked dinner every night, took care of myself, and was a very present parent to the kids - and so on. I did not sink into the abyss of depression. I stayed alive. Very important basic stuff.

I am focused on stabilization. Stablizing my emotions. Keeping my routine, and taking care of my immediate responsibilities and needs. That is stability to me right now.

My sister is coming tomorrow. I am going to go to a party with her for one of her friend's 50th. I think it will be nice to go and see people I don't really know and some that I may know a little. A nice change. I have not made any other plans for the weekend. I want to stay home. I like home. It is safe and secure.

I just re-read an AFG post, and I am going to use a quote today, in my head, as a mantra - "just when the caterpiller thought the world was over, it became a butterfly" - that's exactly what I need to hear today. Thanks go to L.G. for the posting!

I am very glad it's Friday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Time is the real Weed killer. I used to uhh, hold hands, with people I wouldn't walk across the street to shake hands with now. Perspective grows at a snails pace, but it grows. Like wise stability. You are doing a fine job being stable. Hugs

11:48 AM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Some weeks, it's good to look back and just be glad we made it through and they are over, isn't it?

Hope you get to enjoy your weekend. HUGS.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

you may find this useful:

http://www.businessballs.com/maslowhierarchyofneeds5.pdf

my therapist shared it with me when I shared that I had come to accept that I did BETTER with what I call "my small world".

I identified with your posting.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home