Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I want to make the muscle vs. fat picture a permanent part of my blog but cannot figure out how to include it in my template/layout. I am going to have to fix some things about my blog. Some people cannot view it without seeing text on top of text. If anyone has any knowledge of how to fix these things, let me know. I want to include a couple of pictures on my layout as permanent fixtures. Maybe a few.

Anyway, my weekend was full of rest. I did not leave the house from noon Saturday until Monday morning. It was great. I am on budget and activity restrictions - self imposed. I am trying to get finances and commitments under control. It is working out fine. I am enjoying what we have and not purchasing anything we don't need. Staying home was so nice. On Saturday I did nothing but watch movies and TV shows. I never do that. I pay for cable and never watch it. It is a great form of relaxation and entertainment. I am not a fan of constant TV viewing but it is nice in moderation. I slept ten hours Saturday night. I missed church but got much needed rest. I cleaned downstairs and made a nice dinner on Sunday that the kids and I sat together and enjoyed.

It felt stable and secure to be home all weekend. I tended the flowers and pets. I nested. Did not get to my room, but that would have been too overwhelming of a project for a restful weekend. Now that the downstairs is stabilized I may be able to work in my room in the upcoming weekend.

My weight is stabilizing as well. I still want to get back down to where I was but I am not fluctuating or gaining. My daily diet is becoming more consistent and my appetite is slowing down.

I am beginning to like getting up earlier. I took the dog for a walk to the swan pond this morning. It was very nice. Cool, and the sun was still rising. I have not been to the gym yet since going on vacation. Ironic - since I posted my muscle vs. fat picture and all, but I plan to get back on schedule with that soon. Work has been too busy and I have not had the opportunity to leave. I am doing my exercises at home, but have been more focused on getting rest. I was very tired much of last week.

It has been an adjustment, - the new school schedule and getting up earlier. There has been a little battling over things that keep my daughter awake like texting all night long from her phone. But I think we may have made a breakthrough. We both got a good night's sleep last night. It makes a huge difference.

Just realized that since 2005 I have lost 1/4 of my body weight...now that is pretty astounding to me at the moment. I like to bring up these little facts when I am feeling sluggish and and at a standstill. They inspire me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

They inspire me too!

Okay back to victim hood. Did your giving up of the victim role come with the weight loss or was it the cause of the weight loss? Was it gradual or did you wake up one morning and just suddenly know, "Hey I've got some choices here?" Inquiring minds want to know.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I responded on your blog, Lynn but thought I'd put it out here, too. Still figuring it out - I have to say it was gradual is still in progress. If I had to pin it down right now I'd say that my relationship with myself started to change and that changed my eating/weight which helped me change even more my relationship with myself, which helped even more with the weight loss. Hopefully that makes sense. I had to learn to trust myself, treat myself better and accept myself, forgive myself, and make peace. It's all in my blog come to think of it. Because I was just beginning when I started blogging......And I am still learning to trust myself and be responsible with finances and men, etc. More will be revealed. Who knows? maybe I will even clean my room soon

7:46 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I'm jealous...I want to "nest"...I feel like I've been running around for months and I'm TIRED.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

My room is an embarrassing wreck right now - I spend all my time with the part of the house that everyone 'sees', and neglect my own space. Hmmm...something to ponder there. (It's my husband's space too but it's MY mess....)

I'm going in to the 2nd month of my journey to wellness and I am starting to feel some of the 'nooses' loosen. Like I cleaned my cube at work and am totally organized there and functioning better. Feels good. Today I'm doing some deep cleaning at home, long overdue. As I 'fell apart' over the years, so did the state of my home - what a concept.

Not ready to tackle MY room yet, but I'm getting there...I can feel it!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Laura N said...

You can add the picture on your sidebar permanently. Go to your DASHBOARD, then choose the LAYOUT tab, then click on ADD A GADGET. You can then add your picture, and can have it at the top, or can drag it anywhere in your sidebar--to arrange the sidebar elements you just click & drag them where you want them. Hope that helps. Feel free to pick my brain if that doesn't work for ya.

I love weekends of rest. Yours sounded great. I'm pretty much worthless if I don't have at least one completely lazy day on a weekend. I read a book years ago that talked about how some people need a certain amount of quiet/internal reflecting/no extrovert activities, and if they don't get it, they don't function well. THAT WOULD BE ME. I wish I could have more time, frankly. But as long as I get my lazy Saturdays & part of a lazy Sunday, it helps.

Oy, teenagers must be a whole other world. I am SO not looking forward to that with my daughter. It's not very far away (she's 7). Hope this weekend is a blessed one for you.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home