Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gifts from the Universe


My new center of operations! A friend I made as a result of the Manfriend episode passed this on to me. I had admired it. She got it for three bucks..then while she was watching my dog she bought a set that included a chaise at a garage sale. This little treasure went outside. She told me I could pick it up and have it. I always wanted one but could never afford one. It is perfect for laptop, reading and being present downstairs for my family. I have curled up and napped in it, too. I like it because now I am downstairs in the livingroom more instead of holed up in my room. It also completes the room, fills a blank space,adds color and style and keeps me moreavailable for the kids. I told them when I am not home the chair represents my presence. I faced it outward, toward the couch and away from the TV. If I really want to I can move it for movie watching if we need it. But it resides in the corner under the lamp, beside the window. Perfect for my morning meditations and coffee, too!! I consider it a gift from the Universe!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

I'm so jealous; I've always wanted a chaise like that!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Laura N said...

I've always wanted a chaise, too. They look so comfy. Hurray for gifts!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I have two meditation places. One for winter and one for summer. Desk upstairs in front of window for winter and outside on the deck under an umbrella for summer. It has made all the difference.

I will be writing about my victim hood in next post. (Tomorrow) Very scary letting go of it and assuming responsibility for my fat, and my life.

I think God gives us gifts just because he like us.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Alicia has her Grumpy Chair - I have a waiting for the baby to be born chair that I still can't sit in 14 years later. It is about time that one of us has a peaceful chair.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Nory Roth said...

Ooohhh!!! A "nest" of your own -- how totally cool! And how great that it also makes you more accessible to your family. Isn't it neat how things just work for the good sometimes?

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home