Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday is almost Friday

Found myself nibbling while on the phone last night. I got home late. Yesterday I had too many carbs in my diet. That usually results in more eating. But I don't think it was particularly damaging. I just wanted to keep going down, and not fluctuate up. So this morning I exercised and skipped the weigh in. I am doing a basic drastic today. Have a plan. Yesterday I went to the gym. Tuesday I took a long walk on my lunch hour. Monday I went to the gym. So I am on a good roll with exercise.

Balance is what I want the most. A good balance of eating and exercise. Nothing that feels high pressure, but something that makes me feel like I am taking care of myself. And making progress. This week I have been doing that. I would like to take the food intake down a notch, though. At least I nibbled healthy. The only high calorie nibble was frosted mini wheats which have fiber. But they are an old binge food of mine. I usually measure out a cup and that has to be all, but I did not measure, I just ate.

I am glad the week is almost up. I won't be going to the prisons this weekend. I will be going to see my father on Sunday. I can't travel both days, in fact I don't feel like traveling at all. I want to relax. I will try and make the travel relaxing. I am looking forward to just gardening and painting my toenails, frankly. I reclined on the patio again last night and it was awesome with a breezy wind blowing. I feel so deliciously relaxed when I do that.

So today's goal is to only eat what is on the plan. There were snares yesterday, some kind of bon bon things and these mini cup cakes. I would take a bite and throw the rest away, but the bites add up. I want to have a no bite day. Snares if any will have to be passed up all together. I have a goal and I am focused.

More will be revealed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I have several GO TO foods when I want to eat larger quantities. All of these good involve NO grains (especially NO wheat).

I make mock eggrolls - lots of stirfried veggies rolled up with steam cabbage leaves smeared with HOT chinese mustard.

Mock potato skins - Zucchini "boats" filled with cooked ground turkey, onion, celery, and topped with just a smidge of PepperJack cheese (350 degrees for 20 minutes)

lots of steamed cauliflower with a small amount of pepperjack cheese

9:51 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Vickie's mock eggrolls sound oh-so-yummy to me!!!

Since I've been on The Drastic I try to go for veg when I have that snacky feeling and I keep a lot in the house. Steamed mini-artichokes (almost no "food", but lots of hand to mouth action and I love them), bags of broccoli that I can pop in the microwave, cucumbers that I can cut up and use like crackers to dip in salsa (a Vickie idea) and celery that I can dip the same way.

I know how you feel about that good "I'm taking care of me" feeling...I still constantly have to remind myself of how good that feels when I'm craving something "bad"!!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Oh, I used to binge on mini wheats all the time. Cereal has always, ever since I was in middle school, been a big food love of mine. I haven't had mini wheats in ages!

You've got a plan. Everyone has bites days now and then. Hope you have a super Friday.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home