Wednesday, June 11, 2008

May results

I was so busy in my crisis junk that I forgot to record that I lost five pounds in may. I started at 153 and ended at 148. Today I was back at 149 when I got on the scale so I am almost back to the low weight. Need to watch the sodium and drink plenty of water. I think I may post my daily weigh in like Laura does, it keeps me accountable. I barely ate after getting home last night, there was no time. Maybe that's the key, be so busy there is no time to eat!!! I like that.

Last night daughter and I had a shopping trip (for her) planned. Before we even made it to the store my grandson called. Water and icky was all over the downstairs guest bathroom. The drain was backing up again. I came home, it had stopped coming out of the drain thankfully but there was still cleanup to do. I called landlord (the joy of renting) and he came. The carpet is pulled up again, etc. But after meeting with him for a bit, I decided to go on and take my daughter shopping. There was nothing for me to do there. The trip was a bit rushed but we also ended up picking up two of her friends and then I dropped them all off to spend the night at another friend's house. Then, I had to go take grandson to his friend in another direction. These kids need to make friends in OUR neighborhood. With gas prices, it would save a bunch of money. Not sure how to do that, but I am going to work on it. Maybe with high school.

I am leaving the house in the hands of landlord. I came to work. He can do the cleaning. Nice that daughter had cleaned the living room so I was not horrified at the thought of him showing up. I just hope he does not go in my room. It is a disaster. The rest of the house is OK. And when I say disaster, I am not exaggerating.

I exercised this morning, abs and arms. Was late for work so not sure if I can squeeze in the gym but I am going to try. Want to get the last few pounds off but frankly if I can maintain where I am and firm things up I will be thrilled. I want to post photos but have not gotten around to it.

I am enjoying myself again, and guess what? I like myself. I like the self that takes care of myself better than the one that obsesses over everyone else's problems - and then gets mad at people because of it. I like that self, too, but she is not as fun to be around....Also I like the self that does not worry so much about whether or not others will like her, so much that she changes what she does to wrap around what they want. This self can seek out people that she has things in common with, and enjoy being who she is.

Starting to feel excited about life again, in spite of drain back ups. I needed landlord over to fix a few things anyway.

More will be revealed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

Great news all around, except for the drain backup. But hey, at least it's not your problem to fix. I swear I'd rather rent a condo than live in a house most days, even with kids.

You had a great May. To lose 5 pounds in a month that close to goal is awesome. I'm glad you are liking yourself. That's key, I think, to staying healthy. You feel like you deserve what you've achieved, you know? Far too often I've felt like I deserved to be fat and miserable, and now I feel like I deserve the exact opposite. It's a much better place to be.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on 5 pounds lost last month!!!!!

I love reading how you are "enjoying yourself again".

I like how Laura does that too (the daily weigh-in post) but I'm not ready to brag about my current weight . . . ahem.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home