Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday!!!

It is Friday and I am taking off early to go car shopping. I feel pretty good. I am wearing a very cute top that I bought many years ago, like perhaps 2002 - but it never fit the way I wanted it to. So now it fits the way it is designed to fit. I also have on my lowest size Capri's. My couple of pounds of water or whatever is still on the scale but I don't care. I ate much better yesterday but noticed where I had higher sodium in my food (lunch meat, salad dressing, etc.). I think I will start watching that as well.

I am off caffeine now since Sunday. Did some exercises this morning. Have not gone to the gym. I am going to start physical therapy next week.

I still feel slightly traumatized. But better each day. I am healing. I have my food with me so I can eat sanely while I am at work. I am taking my medicine for the cold. It seems to be better. Once I am off work I am going to spend the day taking care of my immediate needs - the car, for one. And, work in the garden if it does not rain...decided to get a couple of hibiscus for the back so perhaps I can shop for those today if time permits. They seem tropical and it appears we may have a tropical summer in the weather department.

Working in the garden is a healing activity. I just want my life back. My peaceful, calm, optimistic life. Sunday I am going on a garden tour with one of my good friends. I am looking forward to that. She's doing the driving, too. I most likely will not have dinner with the Weed on Saturday night. There are too many other things to do that would be better for me. Like doing my toenails or my hair.. hee hee or cleaning the cat boxes....okay I will stop. I think I may be getting my sense of humor back.

Every encounter today with another human being can be an opportunity to share an attitude of joy....or something positive anyway. I will shoot for joy and see what happens!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Glad to hear the bounce in your step...things are looking up! And it's nice to be at a place where you know that a couple of pounds are not fatal to your weight loss -- good for you! I am jealous that you get to car shop (even though I know it's not for a good reason) -- what are you looking for? With gas prices the way they are, smaller is better -- I keep seeing people driving around in huge brand-new Escalades and wondering "what the hell are you thinking? are you living in a dream world??"!! ;-) I'm also jealous of your getting to garden -- ours is so tiny that there isn't much to do -- but that's the price we pay to live close to the beach. Enjoy your day and your weekend...with or without The Weed. ;-)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

I can definitely hear the joy in this post, Cindy. It's good to see it back in you.

Hope the car shopping went well. Enjoy your weekend, and do what makes you feel good!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home