Thursday, June 05, 2008

Post Crisis Eating

Vickie and I have talked about this - I eat pretty good during the crisis and when it's all over, then I eat more. I call it relief eating. I did some of that yesterday. So I was not sticking to any kind of drastic. My weight is up a couple of pounds. I am doing better today. I have done much worse. I am following my usual pattern. I lose some pounds and then fluctuate around the new number. I am trying to drink plenty of water today because I have been eating more salty foods than normal. I had mircowave popcorn two nights in a row. Not the low cal stuff, the good stuff. If I had the lower calorie stuff on hand I would have eaten it, but the good stuff was all I had. I don't remember what I ate last night but it was more than I planned.

I was exhausted again last night, went out to look at a car but it was not through service yet. Just being on the lot put me in a panic. I will resume looking tomorrow. I have two days left to get one basically. I slept a little late today and went in an hour late for work. I was just too tired to get up. The sleep is doing me good, though. Good for my state of mind.

I have plenty of work to do today on the job. Taking it one item at a time. I think I could use a little more sleep. .

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

Hang in there Cindy. Good luck finding a car.

On the date on Saturday...I have been off the market so long, and even when I was on the market it was very brief. I went from one 6 year relationship (HS & College) to a 6 week one-night-stand at age 23 to meeting my now husband I've been married to for 13 years. So, I'm no one to give advice. Other than to say, have fun but set your boundaries and then stick to them. Don't let him talk you into anything you've pre-determined you don't want to happen. Just like dieting--you aren't going to have birthday cake at the office, and when the cake arrives you don't give in, you stay strong.

Now, if you don't want to stay strong and just have a little fun, that's a whole different story....
Just depends on how much you can handle emotionally, I suppose.

Gee whiz, relationships can be so tough. Maybe go see Sex & the City and take a lesson from Samantha (ha!).

4:19 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

the car thing would stress me out too.

and you are right - it is the AFTER that is so hard.

After a HIGH or after a SHOCK or even after a GOOD.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home