Saturday, June 07, 2008

Nice Weekend

What a nice weekend I am having. I bought a car Friday, so now I can get on with the rest of my life. It's the kind of car I have been wanting for a long time. A Toyota Camry. It's a 2004 and I really like it. It is comfortable, roomier than our other cars, and has a good stereo. It gives a smooth ride, too. My daughter likes it. And when I drive her and her friends around, they will be more comfortable. It's my comfy car.

Today was great. I got up early and worked in my garden. I just call my back yard my garden because it is a small yard and mostly flowers and bushes, so basically, it is all garden to me. I planted some flowers, and I cut the weeds/grass. It was so nice to finally spend some time there. I love it. Things are blooming that did not bloom last year. I love spending time there in the morning.

Then I went to my Saturday morning group that I have been attending. Afterwards we all went for their yearly barbecue. It was so nice to be social and get to know some new people. I did not stay too long because I had some shopping to do. Still completing my summer wardrobe. Shopping was a bit tiring, I was getting shorts. My legs need work but I have to have shorts. It's HOT. I am wearing real shorts this year and not just my Capri's. I also bought a few more flowers. I did not see any hibiscus but will get those later. I had a little time at home prior to the dinner thingy. I don't consider it a date. Just a dinner.

I ate carefully at dinner. I had grilled shrimp and steamed veggies. But I did have some whole grain bread and butter. I am still trying to lose back that couple of pounds I gained. Today was a very reasonable eating day. At the barbecue I had chicken breast, salad, slaw and fruit. Small servings of each. And breakfast was a protein bar. I did not get much exercise, except for gardening.

My dinner "date" was nice. It was realistic. We were not trying to have romance. Both of us have gone through some relationship stuff and just want some friendship. He got the dealer stickers off of my car window for me and told me he would help me with some odd jobs on my rental property and a few things I need to do that involve a truck and putting things together. It was an early evening and I still had time to drive my daughter out to her friend's house.

Tomorrow I am going on a garden tour with a friend. I am looking forward to it. I think it will be fun and it will give me ideas for my garden. She's driving. And that's even better. I am going to make it a point to drive less even though I do enjoy driving my new car.

I am reading the book Lynn recommended. When Food is Love. All I can say right now is WOW. It is so on point about compulsion. I have never seen it explained so well. I feel I am solving a mystery about myself and I have just begun reading it. Now is the perfect time to read it, too. It is helping me understand what I was feeling/doing in my relationship this winter.

Anyway, more will be revealed!!! I feel like I am getting my life back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

glad you are having a relaxing weekend after all your recent drama. car sounds great. remember to post garden pixs as things come into bloom.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home