Sunday, May 25, 2008

Total Surrender and Movement on the Scale

Oh happy day it was this morning when I got on the scale and saw I was two pounds down to 150. I knew then that I was headed to the 140's. Then I went to church which was really nice because a friend of mine who could not make it told me her boyfriend would be there and I should sit with him. That was sweet. They just happened to try the church by my house and liked it so they are going to go every week. And now I am going to go and sit with them on Sundays. I don't have to go alone. Anyway, her boyfriend was nice, I already knew him. We had a good talk before church and church was great. I even went and had a lady pray with me for my family, etc. I surrendered my life as I do every day but it always feels that much more surrendered when I do it at church.

Then, after church I had to go pick up my daughter and it stormed. I made it through sheets of rain and hail. It cleared up a little and then I hit a big fat van that decided to pull out in front of me at an intersection along the way. So, here I am again, back stiffening, car towed away, feeling a bit in shock. Shakey and in physical pain. The nice thing was I immediately called my girlfriend's boyfriend who had been to church with me and he came and got me, took me to get Haley, and took us home. What a nice guy. So the thought for the day is I don't need a boyfriend because I can borrow the nice boyfriend of my girlfriend.

As I lay here in bed, comfy and waiting for the muscle relaxors to take effect, I have a firm conviction to embrace the car accident as God's will. I am sick of driving. I did not like that car anyway. I needed a couple of days without putting gas in the tank. I like drugs. Hmm what else can I say? I am not going to let it get me down. That is my point. I was still sick with a cold. I need to lay in bed and take care of myself. The nicest part was that I had someone to call. I never feel like I have anyone to call but really felt I could call that guy and he'd do anything I needed. That amazes me still. I am a person who finds it hard to ask for help and accept help. The reality of surrender is that I can't do it alone.

So happy holiday. I am going to see the 140's in the next day or two. Life is good. Strange perhaps and unpredictable, but good.

More will be revealed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

so sorry about the car and your back - so glad you had help. hope that the back doesn't get worse. . . car wrecks are hard on backs.

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home