Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Benefits

I joined the gym with the good locations. I have gone every day since Saturday. I have done cardio for 30-45 minutes each day. I already feel the benefits. My working mood is better and I can focus again. Except for run in with nacho chips a few minutes ago, my eating has been good, so I am not going to let my little chip deal get me down.

A friend of mine who is a trainer and power lifter suggested I stick with the cardio for about 4 to 8 weeks before starting weights. I think I might listen to him. Even though he is a guy, and a power lifter and may not know much about women, I still think I will listen. I will focus mainly on that to build endurance and strength. Actually he is tad bit more than a friend but I am being extremely conservative about romance this time. He is five years older than me which is nice and I have known him since last July but it was not until around Thanksgiving that we started spending time together just the two of us. And this has been mostly on the weekends except for the holidays. I feel safe with him, he is not pushy or threatening in any way even though his exterior is that of a big tough guy. I respect him and I can tell that he respects me. I am getting to have the relationship with him that I had wanted to have with the guy from last summer. Just hanging out getting to know each other without rushing anything. We text message each other Bible quotes and inspirational stuff. If it never goes further than this I will be happy. I can handle this.

So perhaps more will be revealed on that, but slowly. Very very very slowly.

I am hoping for a loss at weigh in on Thursday. I guess my chip adventure won't have a negative impact if I make that my only deviation. The daily cardio workout has given me less of an appetite. Plus the slight hint of romance from the weekend lingers. For some reason thinking about a guy and having a crush seems to burn calories and curb my appetite. But the exercise is the main reason.

The benefits of cardio are many for me - good for my heart, burns fat, uplifts my spirit, elevates my mood, works some of my muscles, makes me feel like I accomplished something. Even if the rest of the day does not go so hot, I can say AT LEAST I got my 30, 40 or however many minutes in. I get a high off of it if I stay on long enough. If I make it past 35 minutes I feel like I could go on forever. I have color in my face afterward (beet red sometimes..hee hee) and I feel like I can face the challenges of life.

For now, though, it is bedtime. Time for rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

"Good for you" on so many, many levels. I am proud to know you.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Great on the gym! I think me going all this month will get the habit going and I will be ahead of the game come January.

Why did your friend say to wait 6 to 8 weeks before weight training? Just curious.

Have a great weekend.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home