Monday, October 29, 2007

Optimistic Monday

I managed well over the weekend in spite of Halloween Candy. The evil Halloween Candy. I bought it and put it in the closet but I have visited the closet. The pieces are small, but I need to just stop.

The scale went down more, significantly. So I am holding on to that progress and using it against the evil Halloween Candy. I am in the low 160's now, dangerously close to the 150's which I'd like to see before the holidays if at all possible. It looks like two more pounds came off after weigh in and I want to keep them off so they show up on weigh-in day. It helps to have the weekly weigh-in to look forward to, or to loom over me, whichever way I look at it, I get motivation.

I feel like nesting again. I want to do a little decorating, and clean the clutter in my room. I get comfortable in my own mess, sort of like being cozy in my pudge. I think there is relationship but I am not up to pondering the details.

I have been riding a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I get weepy at times, but I am taking comfort in my tears. It does not bother me to cry, I feel relief. I am still tired, but feeling better. It is dawning on me more and more that I have been through a lot this year. Good things, not so good things, overwhelming things but it has been an amazing adventure.

I feel like celebrating big time at some point. Celebrating all the things that have happened, all the victories big and small. There have been many. Perhaps I will start a list. There's the transition from having one middle schooler in the household to having two. There's the leasing out of my house and the moving to the spacious condo. There's that nasty little relationship that I emerged from with new wisdom. And more. We could all tally our victories, big and small. I will start today, in my brand new little hard cover blank journal I bought recently. It is red, with a little heart on the cover. I bought it for my positive thought journal. I finished my old one. In the Summer of 2005 I bought that journal for writing positive thoughts and meditations. For journaling gratitude and spiritual stuff. It worked out nicely for me so I bought a new one.

Anyway, for today I am glad to be alive and back on track with eating less and thinking positive. Forget the silly evil Halloween Candy. I refuse to be defeated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home