Thursday, October 18, 2007

Return to Sanity

I bought a car yesterday and I feel like I can have my life back now. The all consuming quest is over and I can concentrate again. I love my little car. It is cute, clean, and fun to drive. My weight is going slowly down again. I feel stabilized. My first weigh in will be at one o'clock this afternoon. Then I will start over with the points counting. I have not been paying attention to points during my quest for the car. I ate less. I always do when I have an obsession like that. Hmmm, maybe I can find a daily obsession to keep me from food. A low stress, enjoyable one.

My spine ached last night. Yesterday was a long day. I am still on light activity. I will start taking walks again tonight hopefully. And bike rides. I feel better. I am on my way to taking off more pounds and breaking through. I have been stuck for just a while. But stuck is okay so long as I don't gain it all back. I would prefer a two pound fluctuation to a five pound like I just had. But a five pound fluctuation is still far better than a ten or twenty. And I am paying attention to the scale and to what I eat. I feel good today.

I have peace of mind again. Searching for a car kept me in an anxious state. I kept wishing I could make it fun. And I did have some fun test driving cars. I loved it when these guys just handed me the keys and let me take off. In fact, I may have done more of it but I was sick of the big question mark hanging over my head and the uncertainty of it all. I did plenty of research and drove each type of car that interested me so I believe I made an informed choice. Plus I learned that good used cars, like good houses, at fair prices (and even unfair prices) sell fast. So when I found this one, I took it and did not dilly dally around. I also went with my instincts. One car I drove yesterday made me cry. So that one was definitely out. I felt uneasy about several others. The car I bought made me feel excited and happy, and relieved.

I am no longer craving food non-stop. I may never unlock the mystery of that, but I am grateful. I suspect the hormones. I want to see an expert on hormones. And I will get to that soon. Right now I want to see where my body is on its own.

I am ready to focus on trying the WW way, with the tracking and point counting. My first official weigh in will mark the beginning.

For now, I am going to bask in the peace I have this morning.

More will be revealed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

What kind of car did you get? I'm loving the little zippy ones... :-) Congratulations!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I'm glad you got a new car. I know your other car didn't have a/c.

Enjoy.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Between my mother's house and ours we used to have ONE extra car. So, if anyone's car was in for oil change, etc - we used the extra car. When her husband had his last surgery - she needed wheel chair room in the garage - so we sold the extra car. Now, even though there are still 4 cars between the two houses - there is NO extra one. My car currently needs an oil change and I can't find a DAY to let it go.

Glad you got things straightened out - hope things are still going well. What has happened to your back and neck in the in between/mean time???

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home