Friday, April 06, 2007

Yesterday was a much better day. So much better that it increased my motivation for today, and my confidence. I grocery shopped after work and got some supplies so that my dinner could be healthy. Otherwise I would have been eating plain tuna from a can while the kids had fried chicken. I doubt I make grocery shopping after work a practice, though because it takes a long time and I believe I should be rested before going. I am trying to shop only once a week, and stock up. This practice proves to keep spending, and eating down. But the weekly shopping is a bigger chore, and I find that I really do not enjoy it at all, unless I do it early in the morning on a day off. I am thinking I may try it later in the evening on a week night to avoid having to do it on a weekend. I am shooting for Thursdays.

My morning exercise program is going well. I exercise in front of the mirror. I can see the body parts that have improved, and the areas that need work. It is helpful to have the mirrors, now that I am past the initial shock of seeing so much all at once. I can see areas that are smaller now. I was calculating an estimate of the amount of pounds of body fat left to move, by using a mental picture of what five pounds of fat looks like (from a plastic model we had at work for a special program once) and comparing to certain areas. I estimated about twenty. It was just a mental exercise to do while I did my physical exercises.

My ankle is getting better and I am at the point where I need to exercise it. I also think I could do some bike riding this weekend if I have time. I may get my grandson to go with me around the neighborhood. Since I injured myself the day we moved, I have not even gone for any walks, or taken the dog walking. I am looking forward to that, but wanting to take care of the ankle. I also hope to somehow visit the gym this weekend since I reactivated the Bally's membership and need to go get my card made and take advantage of the program I paid for. I am looking forward to it. This weekend has a holiday, and we are traveling out of town on a day trip Saturday, so I may not be able to swing it, but I will try. Nonetheless, I will still do my daily routine.

Today I am still focusing on flushing out the toxins consumed in the Passover treats. Water water water. I have also increased my fiber the past week which is doing wonders for my sluggish system. I hope to feel "abstinent" soon, and stick to a toxin free plan. My "toxins" may differ from other people's toxins, but the important thing is that I know them. They are the foods I don't need to eat, foods that make me want more food, and foods that block my weight loss and contribute to weight gain. I need a trip to my produce store, even though it is far away I have not found replacement for it in my new neighborhood. I am thinking this evening after work I can go there because I have to pick up my vacuum cleaner from the repair shop in the old neighborhood. I want a big box of vegetables. I bought a supply of frozen ones last night, but need fresh lettuce and fruits and other goodies.

That's my report. I am thinking of having my official weigh in on Mondays now. I have thought of this before, but never really started it. So this Monday I will record my weight and see where I am in this new phase of weight loss. I hope the Monday weigh in will motivate me to keep my weekends in order where food is concerned.

Happy Friday!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I envy you the mirrors for floor work. Both of the studios that house my weekly yoga classes - have full walls of mirrors - it makes a HUGE difference in positioning to be able to see yourself - as in - am I hunched over? shoulders down? am I leaning this way or that? big help - try changing your angle each time - different angle different days - helps a lot.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I do the dry/canned shopping about once a month - this is my discount store run - paper goods, cleaning goods, hand soap, shampoo, etc. If they are on sale - or a deeply discounted price - I have been known to buy several dozen of household things that we use all the time. Then this leaves me about 2 trips a week - very, very quick trips - for dairy, produce and meat. Since I do all my mom's shopping too - this works well - the volume between the two houses would be too much for me to do all of it at once.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Wow I like that idea. I can by the dry/canned and paper products at a cheaper place than I would say buy my meat and other stuff. Thanks!! you are always full of great ideas!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Judi Finneran said...

Congratulations to your committment to your exercise. Since you do work out at home you may want to check out the Million Dollar Body Game where every day when you exercise you can win money! And it is free, free, free.

Check it out at www.milliondollarbody.com/judifinneran and click Play the Game.

Keep pushing play,

Judi

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home