Wednesday, March 28, 2007

One more day

One more day of preparing the old house and then I will be finished for now. I hand over the keys at 6pm tomorrow. My grandson goes to his mother's for the first time since he has come to live with me in January. I am nervous. she wants to come here and see the place. She has been known to steal from her own mother. I just do not want her here. but I am taking things a day at a time, a minute at a time and she is not here. My friend cleaned the carpets while I cleaned other things and prepped for the carpet cleaning. It was a grimey day. I had lost a pound this morning. Maybe from dehydration but I will take it any way I can get it right now. I tried to eat regular meals. My friend brought me breakfast, a high calorie breakfast sandwich but it was great and I needed a substantial meal. I ate a salad for dinner/lunch. But took the kids for ice cream and had a mini blizzard for the first time in maybe a year. I know I should have gotten the small cone but I enjoyed it and that is over now. I worked really hard all day. I was sweaty and grimey cleaned yard waste, cut more grass, cleaned out some icky shed items . Piled up trash. I only have the bathrooms and the kitchen floor tomorrow. A couple of cabinets here and there. I think that is all. It will be great to be finished. My handyman is coming tomorrow to do odds and ends. I hope he gets it all finished. I feel like I am almost finished....and even though I am really wiped out it feels good. We moved the cats and birds tonight. I brought the cats and I took the kids back for the birds. One cat has something wrong with her, and I had to get a pee sample of all things in the midst of all the cleaning etc. I quarentined her in a bathroom and I will spare the details of how I got what I needed. Just one more item to add to the to do list. But kitty needs to be taken care of. I even got minor car repairs done while we cleaned. and ran through the car wash. Wow, it was quite a productive day. I enjoyed the cleaning. I thought of how good it was for me to do such a cleaning job. all the exercise and the feeling of accomplishement. I felt good about getting the house ready for someone like me, a single mom who wants a better home for her kids. I like that. I am sitting here marveling of how much was accomplished today. It is truly amazing. We even stopped by storage and grabbed some things. And, I did the change of address, and I did the shopping at the hardware store for the handyman's to do list. I started at around eight thirty in the morning after dropping my daughter off, and I am just finishing my day now at midnight, so no wonder so much was accomplished.

What a ramble. But it is good to sum up a big day like this and see how much has been finished. My daughter is so good with the birds. We had to tranfer them to a smaller cage so it would fit in the car. She made us stay outside but I peeked in the window, she is really a pro. One little finch got loose but she caught it. Speaking of birds I better go give them food and water. I have to bring home the big cage in peices tomorrow.

And sleep, maybe I will get six hours tonight if I hurry up. Still have to pack for grandson.

Bye bye

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

maybe you have already thought of this- but it seems like it might be a good idea to take pictures of the old place - cleaned out - just in case you have to prove what shape it was in before your renter moved in.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home