Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Quickie Post

I have internet access now at the new place. But it had to be a temporary work around arrangement. The cable outlets upstairs were only teasing me. They were not actually functional, like all of the phone jacks, except one. The jacks are all fixed but the cable is more complicated and I have to get a permission letter from the condo association. But we got the cable outlet by the fireplace to work and my wireless router lets me use my laptop. Anyway, details, lots of details to take care of. I sprained my ankle, and I closed my hand in the car door. The sprain was awful for two days, but I used a homeopathic gel, arnica - and the ankle got better, so when the hand got slammed I got out the arnica immediately. Not sure if I am spelling it right. But it works. good. I have not lost weight, I have not gained weight. So that is okay with me. My body looks real icky in my eight foot tall mirrors that show everything and more. So I am very motivated to work out. For now I am getting a workout every day with cleaning the old house, cleaning the new house and still bringing loads of odds and ends. Does shopping count as a workout??

Okay I have to get sleep. tomorrow we clean the carpets = five rooms total. I am doing it myself with the help of a friend.

I love my new home. I am looking forward to when I am finished prepping the old house so I can just live here and move on with my life. My daughter loves the school. My grandson starts next week.

Hope to get back to blogs soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

I can relate to all of this. I fell down the stairs our first day here. Did something to my back that still isn't right.

Took us two weeks to get a phone. Was a bizarre long complicated story. Was a good month before we had Internet access. Oh those phony jacks. There were eight of them in here and only the one in the kitchen actually worked. Thank God for cell phones.

Go slow. I was maniacal about "getting settled" and almost killed both of us. I'm still not sure what the rush was all about. Looking back, using the camping dishes and sleeping on the floor could have been fun if I hadn't been so uptight.

Anyway take care of yourself. Have some fun if possible. Love Bea.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle and your hand.

Don't overdo it. I can understand wanting to get things done right and get it over with but you're not at full capacity with the ankle/hand.

Take care!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home