Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Survival

Okay, I survived my mood swings today. It is evening and I did not spend the day laying in bed eating. I did spend the day laying in bed, but I drank water, and juice and only ate at meal time. I am sleepy and my eyes hurt, but I am hoping I am actually getting better. I want to go back to work tomorrow and have some feeling of normal.

I hired a moving company to come and move the big stuff. A luxury I never afforded myself in the past. But the last time I moved I think I probably spent as much renting trucks and paying guys to help load and unload. So this time they can get it all in one load and move it. I hope it works out. I have a friend or two to help and there is my brother. I want us to move the items that have glass, the pictures, TV's, computers. I know I will be getting plenty of exercise. Carrying things up the stairs, etc. Then there is the cleanup of my house I am leaving, the carpet cleaning, etc. which I am doing myself. So I will probably be sore, but I am confident I can get it all finished.

I want to get settled. This unsettled chaotic feeling of being in transit is getting to me a little. I want a routine and an exercise program. Maybe if I organized things a bit around here I would feel better, but right now I am on bed rest so I just need to forget it for the moment. It will all work out.

I feel out of touch, though, with myself maybe. Since my grandson moved in and I embarked on this moving project, I have been very preoccupied and I feel that I have neglected some of my self care. I don't want to regress and I want to keep moving forward. My daily readings, my support group meetings, and even my meal plannings have slipped away. I am at best sort of hanging on in survival mode. I have had much to deal with, but I don't want this to circumvent my progress in any way. I know it is possible to attain healthy living through any kind of circumstances. I remember when my dad had his open heart surgery years and years ago. At the time I had just started a healthy food plan program. I stuck to it exactly. I brought snacks to the hospital, etc. It is possible so long as I am willing.

I would like to do the South Beach phase one after I move for maybe a week or so. And then get back to more of a Kay Sheppard plan again. Those are plans I have felt great on in the past. I want to reactivate my Bally's membership and go to the gym for weight training and swimming/cardio twice per week, then do walking, biking, jogging or my work out tapes on the other days. That, to me, is a manageable plan. I am pretty sure I have enough space in my bedroom now for the workouts with the videos. But for the next two weeks I will be in moving mode, but hopefully I can commit to healthy eating for the duration.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diet Diva said...

Just found your blog.
Cant wait to read some of your entries.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Just survive. Stop major planning. Eat and live one day at a time. I also got sick right after we moved. Nothing worse than needing comfort and having everything you own in boxes and no place to even lay down. Eat as best as possible and don't stress about it. Whine. Now is the time. (If you are still whining six months from now people will just think you can't cope. I know.) Take care.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

I think that should be lie down. "Chickens lay eggs and men lie down" or something like that. My grammar is far in the past.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I stuggled with the whole lie vs. lay thing when I proofed my post and saw that I had said I had been laying in bed. My grammar has always been challenging and borderline. I am still on the fence on lay vs. lie. When I use lie, it could mean to tell a lie, so is it better to be untruthful in bed or to lay eggs in bed? You decide...

11:23 AM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

i think bea's got some good suggestions. just getting through this crisis ~ and moving is a crisis in my book, even if it has a happy outcome ~ is sufficient to handle for today.

be gentle with yourself during this stressful time, put one foot in front of the other and all will be well.

good luck with the move. once i started hiring movers to do the job, i never looked back.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kimkins Chick said...

Hi Cindy! I got through a couple weeks of sickness a few weeks ago and I feel like the whole world sucks rotten eggs when I'm sick too, I think it's pretty normal. Before that, and before this blog, I was really having a hard time with SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, the long, dark, cold winter was really getting to me. I think with the sun and health coming back to you, things will look up, and remember not to be too hard on yourself when times are not so great, it always passes! You should feel proud of how far you've come in weight loss, find something NEW to remotivate you and make a new goal, then go for it. I know for me, I gotta keep it fresh and exciting to keep going day after day. I have a waist and clothing size goal for each month and treat myself to something other than food when I reach it. Keep blogging sista!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

"Untruthful in bed or laying eggs," your are a card. This describes oh so many of my relationships. But that is another story. Hope you are feeling better. So silly you are.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home