Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Toasted Oats and Ab Crunches

I toasted some whole oats for variety this morning. I mixed them with frozen berries and let the berries thaw a little and put about a fourth cup of low fat milk over them. It is a nice change. This is my second morning of my morning exercise routine. I felt better yesterday all day as a result of the morning workout. I am working on abs. One nice byproduct of losing the weight is that I can touch my elbows to my knees easily now. I cannot recall being able to do that in my Pre weight loss state. It feels good.

I have yet to get out the yoga video. That will be an evening routine perhaps to relax from the day. The evening was too busy last night with putting my grandson's desk together and setting up his computer, hauling an old desk back down the stairs, shopping for school supplies, and a tiny bit of unpacking. But I am determined to squeeze something in tonight. I am not walking or bike riding yet. I have to ice up the ankle when I get home from work to get the swelling down, and any additional walking, standing, etc. has to wait.

I am determined to get moving on my next hunk of weight loss. I feel optimistic. And the great thing is that it is Spring, and the season of shorts and sleeveless tops does not freak me out, I am looking forward to it. I am working on my arms. Arms tone up fairly quickly if I do regular weights. I have ten pound hand weights at home that do nicely. And when I add the gym that should take care of the arms. Other body parts are more challenging. I will do the best I can and accept the rest.

Happy Tuesday!!! I am off to water flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home