Sunday, March 18, 2007

I Have Keys!!!!

I now have the keys to my new place - two weeks early.....and I can start moving in anytime. You can scroll down for phots. I moved some things in my car and with a friend in her SUV this weekend. I was so excited to finally get to start moving. I am not officially moving in until the 26th, but I am going to do many things in the next week to get ready. We started in the library which I totally love. I had many boxes of books and videos. We put them all on shelves and have many shelves left. It is fantastic to have a place for everything, and room to spare. I have never had this in my life. It is like heaven to me. I am overjoyed.

At first, I did not know how I felt about the burnt orange color in the kitchen, but my daughter loves the warm colors and it I am warming up to it myself. In fact there are more colors, gold, some blues and even a pale green in the library. It is a nice change from the white walls at my other house. I am going to have fun with color. I love the late seventies/early eighties effects. It takes me back. I even found contact paper in kitchen drawers that I think we may have had in the house where I grew up. I am keeping it intact. I love it. I could see getting an avocado green fridge in there..

The library is a small room so I could not get a good shot of it. But the kitchen/fireplace room photographed well and there are two of my little private back yard. then there is one of the view of the livingroom/dining area from this big open "window" in the fireplace area. I took the one of the mirrors in my room to try and get the depth of the room - it is big. But it blurred on me. I am looking pretty frumped out in those baggy pants, too, but it is me in there.

It still does not feel real to me. I am sore from the lifting and tired, and I think I am getting sick.
As for the weight loss effort, two more of the gained pounds came off. So I am close to where I was before I had my little episode. I did really well yesterday but today was a bit off with running around and grabbing a bite here and there. I did stock up on produce so I have got the right things to reach for now. It feels nice to have the good stuff and make my healthy meals.

I am very tired this evening. I had a mini meltdown earlier when I tried to upload pictures and the USB cable that was in my case was not the right one. It was bizarre but I found mine next to my daughter's desk. I knew she used the camera (she has her own) and I could not figure out where the mystery cable came from but none of it was that big of a deal. I think I was just too tired, and I had one of those really self centered, two year old moments I have not had in a long time. It passed and peace is restored. Luckily my daughter's friend showed up to pick her up and she was spared any further wrath.

Well I am really babbling all over the place. It was great to unpack my library of weight loss and fitness books. I have at least one shelf full, and then there are a variety of self help books. I thought to myself, the books have really helped me in many ways. They are not just books I bought and never used. I actually read most of them, and used some as reference material. I still use them. It will be great to have a place sit and read. I know I keep going about the new pad but I am really happy about it. And optimistic. So far all I see outside are people walking little dogs. Dogs like mine. It is the land of Toto. And Fi-Fi. I can't wait to walk my dog up and down the hills under the trees. My friend brought me flowers to plant, and special container gardening mix. I love to grow flowers and I plan to make my entire yard a garden.

The two eight foot mirrors that make up my closet doors told me that I need to really get some pants that fit. I am going to pick something up as soon as possible. I am wondering what my body looks like these days, but I am soon to find out, those giant mirrors will tell all. I will make friends with them. More will be revealed!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on having the keys to your new home. I know when Andrea (Onederful Bound) was moving, she lost weight just lugging all those boxes.

It looks very nice. I hope you and your family get settled in nicely.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Who is that thin woman in the mirror?!!!

You weren't kidding about the orange. Now is the crucial time. Do not bring OLD JUNK with you. If in doubt throw it out. I think that was part of my problem in moving here. I was "weighted" down with old stuff. A new life is an opportunity for a "lighter" life.

I think you are doing the fat thanking just right. Let me know how this loving yourself works. I am working on this, and it is work. Cheers.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that orange color in the kitchen could be fun. It does remind me of my childhood but everything old is new again. Love the fenced yard and all the light. :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I have never been a fan of orange but I am keeping an open mind....it is cheery and alive. I will try to come up with more adjectives.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home