Monday, March 19, 2007

Sick

I am really really sick today. Feeling crummy, sore throat, head aches, lost voice. Tired. But of course I still have an appetite. That always bugs me. But food is still comfort. Funny thing happened today. I got a call from a university where I had put my name on a list for research related to binge eating some time ago. They inteviewed me and said I did not qualify. I don't binge eat often enough anymore, and I suppose what I now consider a binge may be to them just overeating or having too much. I wanted to participate. I have had this happen before where I am not fat enough for the doctor to think I need help. My weight is minimized by medical folks when I try to get help. But I have found help, and I will continue to treat this as an illness and a condition that needs constant and intense therapy. I know what I am. I guess they just wanted bigger binges, more often, and recent. The thing I liked about the study is that it has to do with depression, relationships and binge eating. Geez, that's the story of my life........I should be the poster child. But I "should" be happy that I did not qualify, maybe that is confirmation that I am doing better. I know I am but I still feel sick. Well, and today I am sick, but I mean sick in the food sense. Not sick enough for the study though. Hmmmmm

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hope you feel better and congrats on the house...it looks great! :-) And you lost weight through this too? Awesome!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Take care of yourself. Love Bea

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home