Friday, April 27, 2007

Fading Funk

I must be getting better. I am going to count my blessings for the day to make the better feelings grow. Let's see, I went to work, always a miracle, and I actually sat at my desk and did productive work after sitting through a meeting about how much more work we are going to have in addition to what we already do. I need to get some groovy new clothes since I am going to be going to more meetings and have more visibility in the company for a while. I kind of like the idea. I did not eat uncontrollably today. In fact I did pretty good. I had a very good doctor visit with my grandson and his pediatrician. He had lost twenty pounds and is at a normal weight. So living with me helps other people lose weight, not a bad thing... Then I had a very productive evening. I grocery shopped, and stocked up. I cleaned the interior of the car. I did a load of laundry, a load of dishes, and vacuumed the lower level. And, best of all, took the dog and my grandson on a brisk, hilly walk.

I feel good having had a productive day both at work and at home. I feel like I am taking care of things and that I am taking care of myself, too. Tomorrow I visit a friend of mine who moved to Hawaii for a few years when she retired. I really like her, and she was a good friend at work, and I missed her when she left. I am looking forward to that.

I am still having bad interactions with my reflection. Even though when I went shopping yesterday all the size 12 pants I tried on fit, or were a little loose, so I know I am smaller than I used to be, but when I see myself I see all the fat. My stomach seems bigger, and most likely is since I gained four pounds. But I know I am exaggerating my image of myself. I know there is something weird going on there. So I am trying not to focus on it, keep exercising, and wait for better days to come. Maybe I need this experience to push me back into sticking with a plan and really losing more weight. It is dawning on me that I was getting content at the mid 170's - and complacent, and in reality I have not been doing what I did when I was losing.

So, if I focus on the problem the problem will get bigger and if I focus on the solution, the solution will get bigger. For me the solution is a healthy food plan, measuring portions and tracking intake, daily exercise, daily meditation and prayer, helping other people, and letting others help me.

I am happy this evening. And more optimistic than I have been all week. So the Funk is fading for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That's pretty good about your grandson losing weight and you had a good day at work. I'd rather be busy at work than not.

I understand the looking at yourself in the mirror concept but look at how you've come. Whenever I watch "What Not To Wear," usually there's a woman who is saying that she has a big stomach and the reality is that she doesn't. It's not washboard thin and it's not a six pack but it's not how she usually describes it. I wonder why we are all so negative about how we look?

I'm just glad you're feeling better and that the funk is disappearing. Have a great weekend!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home