Saturday, April 21, 2007

Delicious Morning

I have decided to use adjectives traditionally used for food to describe activity. As I see how enjoyable certain pass times are, and how they can replace food for enjoyment, I want to describe them like I would describe something edible. This morning was delicious really. I started it out with a spicy walk peppered with aerobic hills and a fast paced step. Then I settled into a smooth, creamy reading session on the back patio reclining on a lounge chair. After that I had a long juicy gardening session filled with planting, watering, arranging and designing. It was a satisfying morning indeed.

As for my meals I had oatmeal and berries with my coffee. Then some ground turkey breast. I have yet to make my lunch which will be a big salad with lean protein. It is a sunny, warm, Spring day. I am analyzing my gardening space to see what kind of sunlight I get. I paged through a gardening book I bought last week when I had my reading session. I am getting ideas. I love gardening more than food. I love discovering all the little plants that are already in my yard. I found mint growing in a back corner. I thought it was a weed but smelled its fragrance when I pulled some of it up. I have many shrubs. It is fun to explore it all. The space is not too big, but not too small. In fact, it is just right.

My grandson and I will be going to visit his father today. We are going out of town. So I wanted to get my blogging in early in case I don't get back until late. I am bringing some food. I want so much to start losing weight again but more than anything I need to stabilize myself. Yesterday I felt I was going through classic withdrawal symptoms in the afternoon. I really had been pumping sugar more than I realized, for longer than I care to admit. A little here, a little there, and then big doses eventually. It just sneaks its way in and takes over along with those starchy things. So I am finding things to enjoy today that give me a good feeling to take the place of the sugar highs and Carb rushes.

My dog walks are most enjoyable right now. The weather being perfect, and the scenery so nice. Plus the dog really likes it, too. I will get the bike out soon, but then doggie gets left out. Maybe I can talk my daughter into walking Charlie while I bike some of the time. Well enough about future ideas, today the present is fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home