Friday, April 20, 2007

Evening Walks

I took two walks this evening with the dog. It was a perfect Spring evening. A blue sky, a cool, slight breeze, and trees everywhere. My first walk was when it was still light out and I could see how pretty the neighborhood is. I explored a bit, and walked some hills. It was brisk and good exercise. The second walk was after dark, and it looked even prettier with the street lamps lit, but not too bright. It looked more wooded in the dark, and scenic. I feel like I am on vacation here, being so new to the area. Sight seeing in my own territory. I walked down into the "luxury" homes. They are pretty, but they did not have many trees and the yards were teeny tiny. Those are new, and that seems to be the trend, big house, teeny tiny yard with no trees. I enjoyed looking at the masonry and architecture, but I preferred the older development with the mature trees and bushes. Pretty homes nestled into woodsy lots.

After I got home from the second walk I took Charlie (the dog) out in the back and reclined in a lounge chair on the patio. My next door neighbor has a waterfall or fountain in her patio area and I can hear it at night. It is very relaxing. An owl flew over and sat on top of the roof of a nearby building and I could see it over the privacy fence. At first I could not believe my eyes, but it was most definitely an owl. In the dark it looked like a cat sitting on the roof, but it had wings and flew off. I really liked seeing it. More indications of woods and nature.

I am sleepy now from the exercise and fresh air. I am so glad I am out walking again. My ankle is doing very well so I keep increasing my distance. I even feel a little sore. I also took a quick walk at work on a break for about 15 minutes today. Knock on wood, I am exercising again. Put that together with a stable meal plan, and who knows? I may make a breakthrough here soon. But for this evening I am content with the afterglow of the evening walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home