Sunday, March 04, 2007

Stuffed

Okay, this weekend has been a starch fest. For some reason I have been really bad. No sweets, just fats and starches beginning with the bright idea to make nachos. That put in motion the starch fest. It is time to stop and that is why I am writing this. I get full easier now, so I am really stuffed after a dinner of pasta with red sauce made with lean beef and broccoli. I started the day by eating two packs of raman noodles without the seasoning. My old binge food. This is very bad. Sabatoge and regression. I don't like the sluggish feeling I get from those kinds of foods. Sluggish, sloppy and slow. It has been awhile since I had this kind of situation. It may have actually started Friday night. I just don't know for sure.

The horror of gaining weight is upon me. I want green things and whole grains. I want to cook some steel cut oats so they will be ready for the morning. I want to prepare a big fat salad to take to work. I want to be ready for combat. The noodles are gone. That is over. I thought of ice cream but never acted on it. Maybe its over now. I can walk off the bloat.

Yuck. I don't like how this stuff makes me feel. I would have rather had chocolate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a similar weekend -- during the week it is easier to stay on track, somehow.

I just read that you're moving into the Barbie Dream House! Hooray! You really are a good example of how keeping a positive attitude and an open mind really can bring good things into your life.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

I think if you look at what you wrote on Friday and then you slipped up, maybe it's just nerves and stress leftover from all of the work you've put into this upcoming move.

I'm really excited for you about Barbie's Dream House. You, your daughter and grandson will be starting things off fresh in a new place. That's really wonderful! I agree with Jen, you're always so positive.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Yeah about the house. Ick, ick, ick about moving. Write what is in boxes, especially kitchen. Leave coffee maker out of a box and HAND CARRY it to new location. ha, ha

Thank you for trying to re-frame anxiety. I am trying too.

Get back on wagon food wise, and start packing. Enlist some help from the start. A friend to visit with during the whole long process makes it so much easier. Get rid of stuff as you go. I brought a lot of crap with me I wish I had left behind. Yes, yes I see the psychological implications of my last sentence. Now is the time to "lighten up." Take care of yourself and your family.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home