Saturday, February 24, 2007

Another week of anxiety has passed. I am now enjoying some calm in the decision that I have made to lease my house while leasing the spacious patio home as I now call it. I had my prospective buyer/tenant over again and after she left I felt a huge sense of relief. I feel good about the agreement I have put together for us. She appears really excited about moving into my house. And once she signs my lease/option I will go ahead with signing my agreement with Bob, the owner of my spacious patio home. And I am now beginning to get excited about it all. Helping a single mom like myself eventually buy her first home makes me feel better about the whole situation. I just like that idea. Even though the house did not work out like I planned for us, it will make a really nice home for someone else.

As for my new place I will be paying more than I pay here, but I am getting so much more, and the idea of living there to me is dreamy. I will have a huge bedroom with my own bathroom, and a big walk-in closet. The bedroom is big enough for my office and my bedroom furniture and room to spare for exercise. And the spare room that he made into a library/study is perfect for me and all my books and musical instruments. It can be a guest bed and library/music room all in one. And closets, everywhere. And a fireplace downstairs in a little sitting area across from the kitchen. And a great kitchen, too., with a little island to pull stools up to for breakfast for the kids. I visualize us safely tucked away there, growing and thriving successfully on with our lives.

Bob, the owner, has been really great so far. Each time I talk to him it just gets better. He even hid me a key so I could go check things out any time I wanted this past week. He is an airline pilot so he is gone some of the time. Talking to him today was funny, his voice coming through my cell phone reminded me of the announcements that the pilots make, as if he were telling me my altitude and that we were now making our descent. Instead he was gently explaining about some things he needed to do to the place and how we would find things that needed to be taken care of, and how he'd hire a professional cleaning company to clean the place, and so on. Very reassuring. What a class act, I thought. And a landlord who likes animals, did I mention he said maybe I could drop the dog off some time? Could I have found a landlord and a pet sitter?
Who knows.

If this divine transaction takes place it will be by March 1st and then we will move in the last week of March. I have a feeling of impending success waiting there. I cannot explain it but when I visualize living there I feel that in that home, I can realize some of my ambitions and ideas, grow creatively, and I even get that wild feeling that anything is possible. I have not had that feeling in a very long time. Maybe, the woman who is moving into my house, will have or could already be having these feelings about her move. It is one of those events that seems handcrafted by the Master. I honestly felt that Bob, the owner, and Vanessa, my replacement in this house, literally fell from the sky. First, the patio home with its little sign in the window and my half hearted phone call to Bob resulting in my falling for the condo and the idea of leasing again. And then, after my good friend told me that if the patio home deal was the right thing, someone would appear that wanted my house. And then came Vanessa. I love these kinds of things.

More will be revealed. If it doesn't work out I know there is an even better plan for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I am glad things are working out for you now - you have had quite enough extra stress!!!

Middle child is now done with Africa and we are on to China - she studies with index cards - question on one side - answer on the other. I type them up for her - as she does not have a lot of extra time - I type like the wind - and I actually find all this stuff very interesting.

Today was the Qin, Han, Era of Division, T'ang, 5 Dynasties, Sung, Mongols, Ming Dynasties.

Truly - I don't think I EVER studied any of this stuff. I don't remember learning about Africa in nearly the detail that she did either.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

It sounds so lovely. Hope it all works out for you.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home