Friday, February 02, 2007

Thankful for Friday

I can't remember when I have been so happy for Friday to be here at last. I am always glad for Friday but this morning when I was getting the kids up I had a new appreciation for it, knowing that tomorrow we can sleep in a little bit. Two weeks since my life changing event and the end of the first week of the new morning routine, I am ready for some additional rest. My eating has not been too bad but there won't be a loss this week. And there could be a slight gain but nothing much. I am trying to have as many healthy and compliant meals as possible. Last night my sister arrived from California, and wanted to meet us at her favorite St. Louis "junk food" place. I ordered chili, and a side salad, but had some fries and onion rings shared by others. It could have been worse, but it could have been much better.

I am not feeling as stressed. At least one day this week I got up and excercised. I REALLY need to get back to the gym. I am hoping maybe on Saturday morning I can sneak over for a while. It will feel really good. I am considering signing my grandson up for the kid program if he is open to it. So then I can bring him and work out while he does his training. It is a bit pricey but well worth it if he will participate on a regular basis. My daughter trailed off after a few weeks and I ended up paying for something she did not use and then cancelling, but I am willing to give him a shot at it.

A lady at work called me skinny today. Stuff like that seems to happen when I am feeling like I am gaining, so it is nice to have someone remind me that my loss is still there, and significant enough to be noticed by others. I needed that today. My sister also said I looked really nice last night, a couple of times. Since I feel like a frazzled person lately, compliments are great. Maybe I don't look as frazzled as I feel.

I did increase my veggies as suggested by Vickie - I made a big batch of slaw - reduced fat and calorie version. It lasted a couple of days. I am looking forward to going to the produce store and stocking up on veggies for the week to come, and being more prepared. I am still not consistently preparing a lunch for work. I may buy some frozen low calorie stuff to bring with me next week. Being prepared always gets me losing again. I also took Grumpy's suggestion on the oatmeal, and cottage cheese - which I love with various fruits. Those are my new comfort foods. Much better than the cartons of ice cream or the three bags of microwave popcorn of the old days.

Sleep is my goal for the next couple of days. Sleep, exercise and stable diet. Basics. Making sure I take care of myself, as suggested by Lori. Thanks everybody for all the suggestions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home