Thursday, February 15, 2007

AWOL report

I have been stressing and obsessing on where we are going to live and how I am going to accomplish it. I have been lax in food and afraid to weigh, thinking I have been gaining. But to the contrary, when I "turned myself in" and weighed. I had lost a pound. So I am back and 176 but still need to lose another pound to be even with where I was before I gained two!! But it is still so much better than the old days. Gains were 5-10 pounds. I did go to the gym over the weekend.

I need to get myself out of the stressing/obsessing mode. I am having trouble keeping my focus at work and I hate this feeling. What happened to meditation? Yikes, all I do right now is meditate on real estate listings and dollar figures and flaws in my house that make me think it won't sell.

I have looked at condos, and even rental property. I found a beautiful rental that would give us loads of space in a fantastic area that I could never afford to buy in. The owner was really nice and fine with all our pets. The price was a little bit more than I hoped to pay but it equaled what I would be paying if I bought a property not nearly as nice. I liked the idea of being able to call someone if things needed fixing.

I found a real estate agency that would charge me an affordable fee to do the paper work and closing once I find a buyer for mine. So that was a relief.

This not knowing how things will work out is putting me on edge. I need to step back and calm myself. Luckily I am not overeating, but I long for my peace and stability.

It was good, though, to get on the scale and see where I am instead of thinking I was gaining and living in fear of scale.

I just need to calm down. Little things are happening, like the dog tripped on the laptop cord and pulled it down, bending it so now the power plug has to be replaced. I ordered one but hope I did no further damage by forcing the bent plug into the hole for a few days. Then, I dropped my cell phone in the dishwater. Luckily the phone still works but the display does not. So I can make calls but cannot see any info on the screen. That will have to be replaced but it can be put off a little while.

I have things in disarray in the house, moving stuff out, not having enough boxes to pack things in, and having things spread all over my bed in my room. I must take some time to organize so I FEEL organized. This edgey feeling had got to go.

Help.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I wondered if you would still move or not.

The only thing I can suggest on food is planning ahead and writing it down.

The only thing I can suggest on feeling like too much is happening - is to make a list - prioritize your list and then just start with one thing.

Is there some type of financial assistance available with your grandson - like is he now eligible for some type of benefits or something that might help you?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home