Monday, February 26, 2007

Compliments

Today at work three people complimented me on my weight loss. It was especially nice since I am not really losing much lately - just not gaining it back, and hoping to pick up with more loss soon. But it made me stop and think that keeping it off is at least half of the success in this project. I am losing slowly but it is staying off. I have about a two pound fluctuation now, instead of a five or ten pound fluctuation. I eat less. I eat regularly. I don't eat in the middle of the night and I no longer snack all evening long. These things I do now on a regular basis. And most of the time it is not a strugge. I drink lots of water.

Another nice thing is that I no longer talk about being fat. I don't whine about it to my daughter anymore and it is rarely even on my mind. I still have more weight to lose and I am aware of that always, but I no longer beat myself up about it because I trust that I will continue to lose.

One challenge right now is that I do not have many things to wear but I can live with that for a while. Most things are baggy but I am not ready to invest in a new wardrobe. I cannot afford it and I have twenty more pounds to lose. I think I will take the suggestion of going to the second hand store the next time I buy clothes.

When people notice I have lost, and mention it, I am even more motivated to keep it off and to keep on going. I feel more accountable. When I was losing and gaining the same ten pounds or so, no one really knew what was going on and I could easily eat back what I lost without feeling accountable. Now I feel like I may be an example to someone who desperately wants to lose, but has lost the hope just like I felt for the past several years.

These things keep me going.

And the blogging, it has made the difference. I say it over and over, it has kept me going since July. And I really appreciate everybody.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I have heard that many things at second hand stores still have the tags on and have never been worn. Or have been worn - but just barely. In this area - when you make a donation/drop off - to a specific location - it stays at that location - so the higher end neighborhoods tend to have better stuff at their 2nd hand shops.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I have a co worker who goes to the nicer area second hand stores and she dresses great all the time. I love the idea, in fact, I hope to get the kids sold on the idea for some of their stuff since we need to get on a tighter budget these days!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

If you know what you want in terms of sizes, there's always ebay. Sometimes you can find things at a good price. Second hand stores are great; maybe you can find some consignment shops and exchange some of the clothes for new ones.

I'm glad you are getting compliments -- you deserve it. You've worked hard on a lot of projects (not just the weight) and you're coming through it with gratitude as always. You have a great attitude.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home