Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Now I wanna eat

I have found myself wanting more food, more often the past few days. I attibute this to some of the off the wall eating over the weekend spilling into the new week. But I have managed to contain myself most of the time. Trying to get into a routine again. I don't feel like I am in crisis mode anymore and I am able to focus better on work. The kids both went to school for a full day today. I have successfully made the new morning route twice now, dropping each off at their respective schools.

Now I need to make it a priority to straighten out my meals, the content, the portions and the timing. Otherwise I may end up trailing off into helter skelter eating patterns. I do not want that at all. I like my reduced weight, even though I am not toned like I'd like to be. I feel lighter. I do not have any clothes that are too tight. In fact I have more baggy pants. I want this to keep on going. I forgot to bring lunch again, and was stuck with fruit cocktail and a granola bar. Sure, it could have been much worse, but it could also be much better.

So tomorrow I am bringing my old reliable cottage cheese and blueberries, some celery some soup. I have dinner planned. And I am ready to continue to do my thing and get some more pounds off. No drifting off into la la land for me. I did that in the early fall and it was really hard to get stable again. I have been staying in the moment lately to keep myself together during the crisis. So for the moment, it is bedtime. I am content. I am not hungry and I am ready to rest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

If you want more food and REALLY want to stay in your range or whatever you follow or count - bulk up on veggies. You can eat a LOT of veggies - especially green (real) leaf veggies, green beans, etc for very few calories. I make myself a chopped veggie plate (like a salad except no lettuce) and put a light western dressing on it for zing. or I make a salad as my main dish - with real dark greens, beans, salsa, meat, tomato, etc as a very filling, rich meal.

Try checking out EATING THIN FOR LIFE from the library and find the comparison in the middle about getting the most for your count. It shows traditional food vs smart calorie/healthy food - and how much more you can get. I think of that comparison nearly every day as I eat. I can't remember the specifics of the food it showed - but the concept is a big part of why I eat the way that I do.

A while back everyone was talking about getting smaller plates so that their portions looked bigger. I didn't comment - but i laughed - I had just gone and bought small serving bowls for my one dish meal/salads - because with all the greens - when I am hungry they ARE BIG - same calories - but BIG.

Somedays little is good - filling. somedays I need BIG. Either way - I stay on track.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

consider making your lunch the night before and putting your car keys with it in the refrigerator. . .

5:46 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Sometimes when I'm hungry, I eat a bowl of oatmeal. Seems to stick to my ribs and takes away the hunger pains.

I know how you feel wanting to eat.

One of my favorite foods in the summer is vine ripened tomatoes with cottage cheese and pepper.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks for the great suggestions. I need to go by my produce store and stock up. I can stop on my way from picking up my grandson, since it is on one of the routes I can take. I love to steam a bunch of veggies and use a light salad dressing for dipping.
I love cottage cheese and fresh ripe tomatoes, too!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

The other thing is you need to take care of yourself and remember you're still adjusting to some big changes and to a new routine. So it's good that you're aware of things and getting yourself back on track.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home