Sunday, February 18, 2007

Breaking my Plateau

Finally I have lost an additional pound. I am now down 20 pounds from July 15, 2006 when I started this journey. I think this last pound came off from stress alone. But it is a milestone for me and incentive to try even harder now. My life seems really stressful now, mostly with the added stress of trying to sell or lease my house, and also simultaneously trying to find a new living situation. I want to get past this stage of my life and move to a place I will never want to leave! I know that is hard to predict but I have found one spot that I really like. I am considering a long term lease instead of buying. For one thing, I can't afford to buy it, and for another, I won't have to maintain the property - I can just call Bob, the owner. I call it the Barbie Dream House right now. It is a pretty condo property, called a "patio home" not sure why. It is in a wooded area, a place with mature trees, set in a private complex, all residential, mostly owner occupied. It is on the end of its street. and has one other home attached. It has a two car garage, a privacy fenced yard, just big enough for my flower growing and the dog. It is almost at the end of the development. It has a lot of space, even an extra bedroom converted to a library. To me it looks like luxury living. But I am going for a second look, and still considering my options.

My ex-landlord referred someone to me before I even put my house on the market. She came yesterday and loved my house. I love my house, too, so that was nice. I am considering a lease option for her, and referred her to my mortgage broker. Everything has to work financially for me, and with the least amount of risk. Frankly I breath a sigh of relief when I think of leasing instead of buying for me, and even a lease instead of sale for my property right now. I guess I am not in the mood for real estate sales transactions yet, and it would give me time to get some eequity in my house before selling. I am so sick of thinking about all these things I can hardly stand it. So what do I do? I play Monopoly with my grandson last night, and its all about buying real estate!!

So maybe things will settle soon about my future, maybe I will lease the Barbie Dream House. Maybe my house will become someone else's dream house. And I can get on with the new phase of my life.

I consider this last pound off a gift from God. I did nothing to take it off. I am hugely grateful for it. And I will show my gratitude by eating healthy and exercising today!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that things work out for the Barbie Dream house, it sounds wonderful. (Although I always wanted the Barbie version as a little girl, so maybe that's it).

I think things will work out for you if you trust that they will. I will keep you in my thoughts.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Wow, thanks! I took a break from all the obsessing and took my grandson rollerskating today. My body feels wonderful after two hours of constant motion. And my mind is so much more at rest. Tension released.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I am glad that things are going a little better - and congrats on the pound!!!!!!!!!!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Cindy, you put a positive spin on everything. I hope you find the right property and find a buyer or renter for your place.

Congratulations on breaking your plateau.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

I know this house thing. I hated leaving my house. I still cry about it at night. Who would have thought an old house would mean so much. I think it represented security and contentment.

I did not want to rent either, but it does have advantages. When the basement filled up with ground water after a particularly vicious snow storm and then a warm day, I just called the landlord. No renting sump pumps, no running around getting fans, nothing. I just sat by the fire while someone else did it all. You can also adopt my mantra, "I'm sure glad I don't own this house."

I think you are correct in knowing now is not the time for a major housing purchase. Too many irons in the fire is a good way to get burnt to a crisp!

Congrats on twenty pound loss. Celebrate the loss. Don't negate it. The rollerskating sounded heavenly. Take care of yourself.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope things are going well. The rollerskating was a great idea -- it's easier to relax your mind when your body is tired.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home