Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Business Trip

I was asked today to go on a week long business trip for training in some catchy sounding corporate type program for leadership and process management. Something like that. Anyway, it is not something I want to turn down at this point in my career. So I am going to say yes. It will be good for my situation with the company. It is in the middle of April, a mere two or three weeks after my move. Business trips are tricky for a person like me with kids and pets and no help. I am hoping my parents will come stay at the house with the kids. So long as the kids and pets are taken care of, I am happy to travel. My brother could do it, but I'd rather my folks did. And today, they said they might.

Another thing this means is clothes. Pants. Tops. I will have to shop prior to the trip and get things to look nice for the training. So I will visit the upscale second hand stores as suggested. It will be nice to get some things. My wardrobe choices are getting more and more limited. Although, this pair of capris I always wanted to wear that were way too tight may actually fit now and it may be warm enought to bring those...I'll check it out.

Although the timing of this trip may not be the best, with the kids starting new school just a couple of weeks prior, and us barely being moved in. But my reaction to this trip is "Bring it On" by golly, let's see how much stuff I can tackle. Let's keep me busy. Let's see what I am really made of. And, in fact, it will be really nice to get away, so long as the kids are taken care of. They usually put us up in a nice hotel, and I will meet new people and I bet the whole thing will actually be fun.

But, here is one sick little twist that floated through the dark side of my brain. It also is one of those future events that I used to tell myself I had to lose weight for. I don't feel like I have to lose weight for this trip, but I found myself being scared that I'd gain. You see, in the old days, when I'd say I had to lose weight for some future event, that is what would happen. Not only would I not lose, but I'd gain. It was part of my sick cycle with food. A cycle I want to believe I have broken. I find myself a little afraid the old me is going to take back over and take away all my progress. So let's flush the old thinking out right here and now.

Excitement, not anxiety, right? Let's get excited. A trip, woo hoo! I am not even sure where it will be held, but most likely around Chicago, or Columbus Ohio, or Texas, not sure why we'd be in Texas. But anyway, somewhere, in a snazzy hotel, with my own room. And a gym and a pool. If I have time to use them. New people, new things to learn, activities. And some enhanced status with the company I work for. It is a good thing, not a thing to fear, but something to embrace and be happy about. The dark side of my brain will have to find something else. In fact, I am going to hang a bright, colorful, neon sign in the dark side of my brain right now that says "Bring it On"....

How's that?

Better?

It is a matter of trust. I do not have to rely on just me. I have help. I do not have to do this all by myself anymore.

Other than that, the Welcome Home Credit checking agency told my future landlord that I had an excellent history and they recommended me for his spacious town home. That's a positive right there. I cannot say that at all times in my life would the Welcome Home Credit agency say that about me, but they said it today. So I am happy for that, and so is Bob, the landlord. The move is a definate go, that was the last contingency. I can now put all the other details in motion. I have a list, and I am not afraid to use it.

My eating today was pretty stable but for a run in with a cookie in the coffee room. I am finished eating for the day, having had a nice big fat salad for dinner with ground turkey breast. I am getting back on track, honest. I have a supply of veggies. And lean protien. Life is good. Just don't ask about exercise. Although I do have a little good news. I had to cancel my gym since it is way too far from where I will be living. But I got an offer in the mail from Bally's where I used to go, a reduced rate for twice a week if I renew my membership there. I believe there is a Bally's somewhere out where I am moving. Two times a week is good for weights and such. Then I can get my cardio and other things at home, videos, outdoors, walking biking and so on. I have to admit, a steady twice a week at the gym would be an improvement over what I have been doing lately.

True confessions and newstime is now over. Thanks everyone for all the great encouragement I have been receiving lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home