Sunday, January 21, 2007

Things

I have snuck off to my room for a moment to myself. Last night we were up until past 1 a.m. moving things out of the spare bedroom/office. My brother helped. We had a nice snow in the night so he stayed over. It was good to have an extra person. I got up way early today and finished a contract for my job for an insensitive person who could not understand bereavement (I am not sure how to spell it) but the others I work with are great, especially my boss. I rented storage and borrowed a pickup and took things there today. Then they brought my grandson's things over. He has a nice room upstairs across from my daughter. He is up there now on his computer. I am wiped out and tired and will go to bed as soon as I can. There is much to do.

We have all been expressing our emotions. The shower seems to be the place where the kids go to cry right now. I am glad they are able to let it out. It is sad to hear, though. The car is where I have my breakdowns, when I am alone in the car that is. Or in my room. We cry together, too.


I lost another pound, so I weigh 176. It could be dehydration and stress but I was glad to see it since earlier this week I was gaining. Things will be back to normal one day but it will be a new normal. I am reaching out to people more and that is a good thing. I think isolation will be much trickier now.

My daughter is being so sweet and helpful but she is wearing very thin now. We have a missing cat, and now a dying finch (she does not know that yet). The cat, Slippers hides when people come that she does not know, so we hope that is what she is doing, because my brother is not here often. But I have not seen her since yesterday morning. I am a bit worried. I don't think she got outside. I have looked all over and so has Haley. I truly hope there is not going to be a pet loss.

My time is up, I have to go. Just checking in and hanging on. And giving my report.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for whatever you are going though - I feel like I lost a posting of yours in there somewhere and am not sure what happened???

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home