Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday

It feels nice to have two kids in the house. I went to work today for almost a full day. I took my brother home and then came home and cooked dinner. Cooking for two kids is somehow nicer than cooking for one. The house seems fuller. Don't get me wrong, I loved our life before, but it feels right to have my grandson here now. When I go to bed at night it is nice to know he is right upstairs above me in his room safe and sound. And it is nice to know where he is and what he is doing.

I got therapists for each kid, a man for Anthony and a woman for Haley. Different agencies. I just think it is a good idea to deal with the changes and trauma immediately. I'd rather have two much therapy or have therapy we don't need than to not have therapy when it is needed. The man told me he would help me, too, with the situation. He specializes in pre-teens and adolescence, and grief and depression, too. So we will see how that goes. I have not talked personally to the woman yet, she is a psychologist and is under contract with the school for 4 free visits. We will take it from there. My daughter may not need much after that but if she does we will do whatever we need.

I like that they each have their own person, it makes me feel less alone. I know I am not alone but it is a big transition and I want to get all the input and information I can, and I want them to have someone to talk to that is not in the situation. I feel better today, not so overwhelmed in fact at the moment, not overwhelmed at all. I meet my grandson's teachers on Monday afternoon. We will work out the school schedule. I feel I am moving along through the things I need to do. And we will be getting into a routine soon. The kids have fun together. I like that very much.

The cat is still missing. I am pissed at the cat for that. I guess it is safe to be pissed at the cat. The dog got out of the gate today, and I just let him run, knowing I'd get him after I dropped Haley at school. I did not say anything to her, but as we were pulling out of the drive, she spotted him running around downt the street and started crying, thinking we would lose him, too. I assured her I would get him. He just wants to have a run and then he will return. So I dropped her off and came back and the dog surrendered.

I ate more today I think. I forgot breakfast and did not bring lunch to work. So I forraged for food and got some here and there, birthday party stuff and tidbits here and there. I will try to remember tomorrow to prepare. I am very full from dinner and I made sure I had my veggies.
I told the kids that each one would make dinner one day per week, even if it is microwaving something. My grandson is making cheese sandwiches and a salad tomorrow. I plan to be a bit more organized with two kids in the house, and make sure we all share the responsibilities and jobs. Its good for them and good for me.

Time for rest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I switched this to a google account accidentally really, and now everyone's comments show up anonymous?? what can I do??? Help

7:06 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Vickie Said:
Lori will know how to fix - I am hopeless.

VERY GOOD JOB on counselors!!!! You will never be sorry that you did this. My step sister died of breast cancer 11 years ago with two very small children - they never learned to cope - still having MAJOR troubles that I think therapist would have helped greatly. Their lives could have been very different with the right help at the time.

Did you call animal rescue - pound to see if someone turned in CAT?

4:14 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Cindy:
Everyone's OLDER comment's that have switched to BETA will show up as anonymous - just a bug they haven't fixed. Go look at older AFG posts, the same thing happened over there when they switched.

Sounds like you and your family are settling in nicely. Have a great weekend.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Well I am glad to see that you guys show up as who you are, I was panic stricken when I saw the old comments all anonymous. Good deal. thanks!!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home