Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday

Tonight was my grandson's turn at making dinner. He chose to make salad and cheese sandwiches. He put hard boiled eggs, tomato and green onion in the salad and we had Italian dressing. I skipped the bread and had the cheese in my salad. I bought a 2% cheddar cheese. He wants to help with making dinner at night, and I like that idea. I want to try some recipes out. It is nice cooking for more than two people.

Then we took my daughter to the mall where she socializes on Friday nights. He and I shopped for clothes for them to wear tomorrow at the memorial gathering. Then we went to a couple of game stores, had a snack, drove around a little and walked in the mall. The mall was full of teenagers and I know he felt a bit ackward being there, being younger and being with me. But we did okay. I tried to get him interested in the bookstore, where I hide out on mall night, but it was a no go for today. Maybe next time we can compromise and I will let him bring his game boy and he can read part of the time and play games some of the time. He just wasn't up for the reading tonight.

I am very tired. My eating today went okay. I am getting into more regular meals again. I managed to bring my lunch to work, and then we had dinner at the table together. Have to work on breakfast.

Still missing a cat. Today was the first day Haley did not cry. It has almost been a full week. I just cannot imagine where she went. She must have gotten outside. I keep looking but no success.

No formal exercise this week but maybe I can get back to that real soon. It has been a week now since Grandma Ronni died. I feel I am in shock a lot of the time and in survival mode. It is only the beginning of a whole new life. I am excited about it in many ways, but also scared, overwhelmed and sad at the loss of her, and my old life. I just hope I can do a good job raising him the rest of the way through his pre teens and his teens. What a crucial point in a boy's life. It is the exact point in life where my own sons began to have their behavior problems. Exactly. I am so different today than I was back then. So much more responsible and experienced. I hope I can provide for him what I was unable to provide for them.

Tomorrow is official weigh in day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I'm sorry your cat is still missing. Hopefully she will show up this week.

Maybe your grandson would enjoy looking at cook books at bookstore. Rachel Ray has one out for kids that I bought my 10 year old son. He hasn't shown interest in cooking, but after reading your post, I might try to get him to help with dinner one night.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home