Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting back in Focus

Okay, this is it. I have to make eating right a HUGE and TOP priority. No matter how bad I feel, no matter what is going on around me, I need to stay on a plan. It is early. All I have had today is a granola bar and tea. I have a shot at having a great day in the eating department. No matter what else goes on I CAN EAT ON PLAN.

But do I have a plan? not yet, so that is what I am doing right now. I have nothing with me and I am at work. I got in a huge fight this morning with my daughter who stayed up too late and did not get ready in time to be on time for school. I got into all or nothing thinking and made the huge parental blunder of bringing up a really BAD topic on the way to school and told her I did not think we could move. I don't believe in discussing ANYTHING on the way to school except having a nice day and anything important and instructive that is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. It is a delicate time, those moments before I dropped her off. And I blew it. I blew it big time. We fought and she hates me. Or she did at that moment and I can't say I really blame her. I can make amends for that later. But right now I need to get myself on a plan. No looking back.

Here it is.

Lunch - All I have is a MacDonalds across the street or the vending machines. I am going online to check the calories in the salads and I will pick the one with the most protein and the least fat and calories. Or if I can go further from the office (not looking like a good day for that) I can order a salad somewhere else, but it has to be salad and lean meat. High on the protein.

Dinner - Tuna salad with mayo over fresh salad greens. Steamed carrots. Steamed green beans. I may be going overboard with veggies but I feel I need to balance out the starch festival I have had the past few days.

Lots of water.

Snack - lowfat cottage cheese with a low glycemic fruit. Most likely blueberries, I have to go to the store.

If I am not taking my daughter to the mall tonight, I will go to the gym. If I take her to the mall, I will mall walk for exercise.

I need to get off my fanny and get to it. I have lost weight and I want to keep losing, and if I don't intervene on my own behalf I will gain. GAINING STINKS. I am not going to take that path today.

Water, lots and lots of water. Less caffiene.

No more fighting for the day with daughter.

Pulling out the positive meditations and readings. And getting busy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy, The house sale thing is right up there with death and divorce as far as I am concerned.

This what we should have done about selling the house.
1. Clean the darn thing within an inch of its life. Declutter and put in storage extra stuff and furniture. DO NOY attempt to sort extra stuff at this time. Makes a huge mess and hassle. Fix small stuff but do not put a lot of money into fixing major stuff. But, know how much it will cost to fix major stuff. You might need to subtract this cost from price.
2. Get independent appraisal. Do not use the realtor's appraiser. Our appraisal cost $350. I found the guy in the phone book.
3. Put adds in every paper (as far as budget will allow) for a 50 mile radius on Saturdays and Sundays, with small photo if house is good looking.
4. Tell everyone you come in contact with you want to sell your house. (After all the hoopla with the agent we ended up selling to my husband's secretary's son.)
5. Subtract the agent's commission from the price of the house.
6. People think they will get a good deal buying from the owner. Give then one, but dicker. If you have to come down in price ask if they will pay all the closing costs.
7. Don't hide anything. If the roof is shot or basement leaks, say so.
8. Don't pay for the inspections i.e. plumbing and heating. These are for benefit of the buyer.
9. If people seem interested ask if they have a loan in place. If not, that process could take months. I usually asked on the phone. If they did not I asked them to call me back when they did.
10. The buyers loan agency does most of the legal work.

The whole process was much easier than I imagined. Also much cheaper than using agent. The newspaper adds were expensive but I got a lot of calls. The contract was cheap because husband did it. We don't have a fax or a copy printer. If I can locate the original on his computer I will email the text to you. Don't hold your breath for this. Any lawyer can draw up a contract if you have talked with buyers and know what both of you are willing to do. Be sure and have a time frame for the sale. Okay that is all I can think of at this moment. Good luck.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Thank you so much. Now I have death and house sale to deal with. My grandson's other grandmother died today, and he was living with her. He is 11 and he tried to wake her this morning and she had died in the night. He will be living with me now. We are very sad and right now shock has set in. She was a good friend to me and we were raising him because his parents can't. We shared all the joys and trials of his childhood. I am going to miss her so much and I am just really sad right now. I appreciate your help, though. I don't know where I will begin but the house thing will be picked up after I take care of all the custody stuff and grief. It is great to have any help at all.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy, I'm so sorry for your grandson and for you. I can't imagine how awful it would be to discover your grandmother dead and my heart goes out to your grandson. I know you will rise to this occasion and I'm just sorry that this happened. Take care of yourself, your daughter and your grandson. I will be thinking of you all.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy,
My prayers are with you and your grandson this morning. So, so sorry to read about the death of your grandson's other grandmother, whom was also a good friend.
Take care of yourself.
Alicia

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://extras.denverpost.com/life/kerri/kerri0426.htm

Lori had mentioned this blog a while back and I have been reading it - lots of good things to say - but I especially liked this one.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home