Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Report from the groovy new laptop

Today I was really upbeat about weightloss. It was a surprise that I had lost a pound since the holidays. I had not weighed for about a week, thinking, fearing, that I had gained. But I have been feeling slimmer in the waist. In fact I am starting to feel like I have waist, if you know what I mean. The weight loss is removing what does not belong so that my figure can return. I was motivated to eat well today and stay on track. And even though I did not really want to go to the gym, I did. I got home later than usual, and I wanted to play with my new laptop after dinner. But I made myself wait, and went to the gym for cardio, abs and upper body. Now that more of the fat is gone I can see results from my workouts easier and it is more rewarding.

This morning I ate a bigger breakfast, with more protein. That worked out nicely. Over the weekend I was reading the People Magazine Half Their Size issue. I love it when they do that. They feature several people who had lost large amounts of weight and some articles about how they did it. There was also an article about a woman who lost weight by reversing her daily diet to have her dinner at breakfast. Since I tend to overeat in the evening, I liked the idea of having the lighter meal at night, because for me sometimes I think the bigger meal somehow triggers my eating so I want to keep going. Who knows... It is hard for me to do the bigger breakfast when I have to go to work so early. Today I did it easily because I was home. But I am going to make it a point to try and get a good breakfast in each day. I may just pack it and eat it after I get to work.

I am really happy to be blogging from bed this evening in my room on my groovy new laptop with wireless internet access. Getting this laptop was an exprerience in itself, an exercise of patience and a departure from instant gratification. It took about six weeks for me to finally get it and for me to wait that long for something is pretty amazing. And all the glitches and customer service conversations were actually good for me. I dealt with people easier this time, I really felt patience and diplomacy most of the time. I got a little edgey toward the end but overall it felt nice to handle a frustrating situation in a new way by communicating and negotiating more than complaining and being angry. I learned many things. And I feel that the progress I have been making in my recovery from compusive eating is related to my progress in dealing with life itself.

But it sure is nice to have it up and running now. It makes it so easy to blog and do my daily computing. Blogging really has been a lifesaver for me. It is fantastic to have a network of awesome people here online to share experiences, information and hope with. It is just way too cool for words. I am one grateful, happy girl today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the laptop finally arrived! Congrats on the weight loss, too.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got wireless right after Thanksgiving and I LOVE IT. I now just climb into bed and post away while hubby is sleeping.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss AND finally getting your laptop/wireless. (I had wireless but it's all weird now; it's my project for the weekend.)

You're always so upbeat, grateful and thoughtful even when things are rough. You have really stuck to it and I agre with you, blogging is a big help. Every day I find so many thoughtful things to read and yours is one of them.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home