Monday, January 15, 2007

Danger Zone

I know I am in the danger zone. I need to pull in the heavy artillery. Yesterday I had a rather sad meeting with a real estate agent. She's a good agent, but the news was not good. It would be a miracle to get enough money for my house to pay my loan and pay her fee. I have not listed yet, just want to look at all options. But I am going to put it on the market ASAP. I feel so stressed and a whole bunch of other emotions. I fell into some old behavior last night. I ordered pizza for my daughter and a friend, and I had probably two whole peices. I wanted to eat stuff. I wanted to find the right stuff to eat to make the stress go away. But there is no food to take away reality or stress, and I can't even get comfort from it. So I had the pizza and went to bed. I stressed until I slept and I woke up with the same stressing and anxiety.

I want to detach from the stress and move on, focus on something else. Make decisions and then focus on something else. Something positive. I am going to have to turn to something else or I will turn to eating nervously and ruin my progress. I am not going to let this whole lousy situation take away my progress and spill into every other aspect of my life. I just can't do that to myself. I feel bleak right now. The sky is grey and it is cold outside. The trees are bare and the light is dim. I want to find a warm cozy spot in my mind to hang onto, and ride this out. Think positive I keep telling myself but I see right now is thousands of dollars going down the toilet.

But I don't have to add additional body fat to the picture. In fact I could confirm my resolve to lose and fight back with weight loss.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe your agent can prepare an analysis of sold homes similar to yours and see what the price ranges are and the features for each of these homes. This way you can see, well, this sold for higher because it's in a good school district, or that sold poorly because it only has one bathroom.

You also might look at a FSBO. Some people in my area are using some program where they pay $400 or whatever and they get listings, etc.

But you're right, you need to figure out something to handle the stress. I have to sign out b/c my IT guy is here to fix my computer. Hang in there.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you sell by owner?

Can you stay in house and put her in different school - what the house will end up costing you - might pay for tuition somewhere.

Did you have them calculate what happens if you just walk away and let the bank take the house - I know that sounds horrible - but I know someone that just did that - what they needed to pay to fix up house and with 2nd mortgage - they were not going to break even - so their financial people told them to just walk away - ?

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KNOWING you are in danger zone is more than half the "battle" won.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you're doing better and surviving this crazy weather out there.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home