Saturday, January 13, 2007

Thank goodness for Panera Bread Co.

Here I sit in a cozy booth with my daughter (who wants her turn on the laptop in a half hour) with free wireless internet access. Our cable internet access is out at home, but the cable tv works....not sure how that happens, but it did. I am glad to have electricity though. I did nothing today but lay around in bed under the covers watching TV news, getting up once in a while, but mostly resting in bed. I think I just got a little too hyped up yesterday and stayed up way too late. I was really tired. So here I am refueling at 5 pm on a latte and a sandwich. I could not eat all the bread with the sandwich. It wasn't that I purposely did not eat it. I just could not eat it, lost interest, and pitched it. I had chicken salad but there was way too much mayo. I still marvel at the concept of me not eating the really good bread by choice. One of life's little blessings.

I weighed in today but was only down 8 tenths of a pound. So I am still 177, but barely. Maybe the scale will move soon. Today was such a lazy day though and I did not keep track of food. But there was not anything dangerous to eat, so I don't think it was a particularly bad day. It just could have been better I suppose. My body feels smaller today. My legs. I am craving a trip to the gym. But tonight it will have to be Tae Bo Billy becuase the gym closes early on Saturday. The ice storm slowed things down for us, but we were still able to get out. We are supposed to get more so I thought I'd get out now, and do my blogging. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Anyway, not much measured progress today in weight but any day I see the 170's instead of the 200's or the 190's or the 180's is a happy day for me right now. I believe now that I can lose the weight, and the changes in my eating habits are no longer a huge struggle. One thing that has helped me since July is that I don't ever give up and throw in the towel when I do go off of an eating plan. I just get back to sane eating as soon as possible and keep going.

This Bread Company cafe is really nice. Our booth is by the fireplace. We went to the bookstore and each got a book to read while the other has her turn online. It is a cozy way to spend a cold, icey Saturday evening. I am glad I finally crawled out of bed and fixed myself up enough to go out!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panera's a wonderful place for internet access. I used it when I had the Great Internet Problem this summer. I also have access to work's two networks if I go to the gym.

I think all of think, we could have done better but maybe we are too critical. (Why yes, Ms. Lori, you are!)

That's great that you pitched the bread. It's little things like that we should appreciate. I saw R!ce a Roni at the grocery store and I went oh, yeah, I used to cook the whole box and eat the whole thing.

Be careful with that crazy weather; today we're having flip flop weather here.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home