Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stabilized

I weighed this morning, and I am a pound less than my pre Christmas weight. I am hoping by official weigh in day on Saturday I might even lose another pound. I was thinking of changing official weigh in day to Monday. The idea of weighing after the weekend could keep me on track better. Weekends may not be too bad though, that is when I get the most exercise. Anyway, things are getting back to normal as far as eating goes. And my exercise has increased, I can feel the difference already.

My laptop is now in the same city as me, according to the tracking information, so it should come by Fed Ex today. I should be blogging more once I get it up and running. I have already installed the wireless router, for internet access from anywhere but there could be glitches to work out. My daughter is sick and I kept her home today. I am thinking of staying home myself. There is a slight lull in the bombardment of work at my office, but there is a stack of files in there waiting for me to review since last week, so I should go in and make sure that gets done.

My thought for the day is this. Yesterday I had to accept some difficult truths about my family. It was really sad for me, but instead of reaching for any comfort food, I just cried. I cried a whole lot. I felt dispair and some anger and fear and all sorts of versions of sad. Then big wave of emotions passed and I carried on. There was no big food binge. The reality is that food won't take away any of that pain, it only adds to it. So I am glad that I did not eat my way through my emotions yesterday. I just felt them all, and they passed. And I can carry on. Sure, I will be sad from time to time and experience a range of emotions, but it actually felt good to release them in the natural way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy, I'm sorry about your family situation. I'm really glad you didn't eat your way through the emotions.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder sometimes if part of what we go through - weightloss, family, things about our pasts that we wish were different - is actually the stages of grieving - and then we move THRU them - we progress - and it is when we get stuck - that we don't. I have cried my way through most major holidays for years - not all the time - not around my family - like get in the shower and let it all out - and that didn't happen THIS year. I also didn't feel like I wasn't worthy - this year. Getting better - slowly.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home