Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007

My holiday break ended too fast. It was a wonderful time, though, relaxing and getting along with my daughter. Without the pressures of school and work, we get along just great. I started back to work on the 2nd and she goes back tomorrow, the 8th. After New Year's when I weighed two pounds had slipped back on. I guess I got careless, but I am keeping track again, and still happy about my overall weight loss last year. The scale keeps going down further, even with a few ups along the way. I have gotten back in the work out habit. I am going to the gym regularly again. I had my grandson over this weekend and brought his new bike so we could bike ride together. The weather was not too cold to go out and ride so we both got some exercise together.

Things are getting back to normal. And I have to admit feeling a little post holiday blues here and there. But there's plenty to do, and plenty to look forward to. I have had computer issues, again. And, the laptop I had to re-order back in the beginning of December still has not arrived, and in fact was delayed again. The good news about that is I have recieved so far $150 in coupons for HP merchandise, and got myself a free printer and a free laptop carrying case in the even the laptop ever gets here! And, they took an additional $50 off the laptop price, plus by virtue of the price going down I got $70 more dollars taken off the purchase price. So, again, if I ever get it, it will be a bargain. I assume I will get it, but it seems like something of a lottery and a very abnormal shopping experience.

My computer time has been limited - I used to take a blog break at work and did much of my blogging there. But it is just way too busy these days and I seldom take a break at all, wanting to get finished so I can go home on time. I do use the computer at home sometimes but had some glitches in the past couple of weeks that had to be taken care of. That's one reason I am looking forward to the laptop. It will be all mine, brand new, and I can blog from anywhere in the house, or coffee shop, etc.

Now that I am working out regularly again I am optimistic about weight loss. One thing I have to watch out for, though, is increased appetite when I work out. Sometimes it's psychological, like I feel entitled to eat more since I had a good workout. I want to do both successfully at the same time - Eat Less AND Work Out regularly. A novel idea. It seems I have done both successfully but separately, now its time to marry the two and live happily ever after. That's the goal for this year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very glad to see your post and hear that things are going well - it IS amazing - isn't it? - how much easier it is to deal with kids when all the hustle and bustle of school life is on break. We start back to the old routine tomorrow too.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home