Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Year end review

At the end of each year I do a year end review. I have been doing it for many years now. I look back on the year and see what went well, what went not so well, and what I'd like to see happen in the next year. It is nothing elaborate and I do it in my own time, and on my own terms. It has turned out to be a very positive practice. In fact, I find no matter what, there is always something good to find in the past year, some progress from the earlier year. One of the themes of this year was getting into real recovery from the eating patterns of the past. I believe this year I was in a better position to do that because of other progress made in recent years, like therapy, joining a new gym and exercising, and other activities that slowly brought the truth about my eating into focus. So I may share some of my review on my blog but today I just wanted to mention the idea of it, in case anyone else wants to join in the practice.

Just a word about the holidays, I am enjoying them. I decided I did not have to have a perfectly clean house, and that I am going to spend the week doing whatever I want which could be absolutely nothing. No pressure, not even to have a good time. Our holiday visiting is over and I am off work until January 2nd, so stress reduction, exercise and healthy eating are my ideas for the rest of the week. My daughter and I have been under a lot of stress for the past month or so and I want us both to take a break.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your favorable year-end review. :)

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a year end review! This time of year I am usually concentrating on next year. But for the first time, I have actually made some progress on weight loss toward the end of the year rather than at the beginning (which would be regained by year end).

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about the past year and what all has been happening. Some of it good and some of it bad. But I'm also using this time to see how far I've come in the past year.

If only there's a way to give ourselves a raise...

I hope you have a relaxing and non-productive time off. You deserve it!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe and wonderful New Years!!!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doing a year-end review is an excellent idea. Knowing what you accomplished as well as what things are still left undone lets you go into the new year with greater clarity and grace. All the best to you in 2007!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is 2007 going for you???????

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home