Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Things are Looking Up

I appreciate the comments from yesterday. I read Vickie's suggestions to my daughter and we are using them. I appreciate everybody's support and encouragement. Last night the new laptop ended up having flaws - spots on the screen for one, so it is going back. The good news is that prices have gone down since my last order, so I saved $88.00 by returning it and ordering another. Let's hope this one works out. I won't get it until January, though but I can wait. Setting it up was too much for me last night and I was kind of jerk about it all, instead of being excited. Now I have already had a practice run through the setup, and will most likely be less stressed, in general, when the new one comes - I certainly hope so, anyway. Now I don't have to go buy a wireless router yet, and can put that expense off until January, too. I feel better today, I think I just finally surrendered. Also, I decided to get on the scale (a dangerous thought) and I was two pounds lighter! Woo hoo! One more pound will put me in the 170's for the first time since the year 2000, I think. That was a pleasant surprise and a boost.

I have tons of work to do and have had no free time to do the blogging I normally do. Hoping to get past a chunk of work in the next couple of days and have more time. For now I just want to thank people for being out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

As you know - I totally computer illiterate. I hire a college kid that is a computer geek to do everything for me - I can call him to clean off junk - run scans, teach me how to do something, etc. He had to come over and help me set up my flcker account - but then I forgot how to get into it and Anne had to send me my own link. so if the computer stuff is making you crazy - they will work for $20-30 an hour - and THEY can get everything DONE (and done right) in an hour. I found mine through school.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Sorry about the faulty computer.

We just got wireless and are using Linksys - with no problems. I love it. I now just sit in bed with my lap top (instead of the family computer in the spare bedroom) and post during the Tonight Show.

Hope your work schedule slows down a bit.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home