Thursday, December 07, 2006

Office Food, Again, and PMS

Today is our Holiday Lunch, plus it is someone's birthday. The lunch I don't worry about. I know I can get a salad, dressing on the side, with lean meat. Or, I can order a dry grilled chicken or fish with a side of veggies without any butter, etc. I am getting a salad and looking forward to it.

Then, there were the birthday bagels. Since I had not had breakfast, I had a quarter of a whole grain oat bagel, and a tablespoon of the lowfat cream cheese. It kept me in my allotment of calories for breakfast, but I feel kind of bloated and like I could have done without it. At least I don't feel like having more.

It is PMS week and my food got wacky yesterday evening. Instead of dinner, I had hush puppies which have to be the absolute root of all evil for foods, fried dough, for pete's sake. I had them, and then I wanted no more food for the rest of the night. I wish I had not had them, but I did not compound the event with a continuation of the event. The old me would have followed it up with ice cream or something chocolate. But it was not a good dinner and I won't do it today.

I really want to experience a loss (and certainly not a gain) this week but with PMS bloat I may have to wait until next week. But I will keep flushing the water through my system, and behave myself. I like to claim victory over PMS and know that I can actually lose during PMS because I have done it before. I certainly don't want to use PMS as an excuse to eat. I remember living in the vicious cycle of losing the first part of the month and then slamming into eating during PMS from which I could not recover for the rest of the month. It was self defeating and I felt trapped and frustrated. I don't have to do that anymore.

No workout last night, either, could I be any worse? Well, actually, yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I see the PMS - vicious circle in myself too. I think hormones are a HUGE part of my problem - both mental and physical (sp?).

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home