Thursday, November 30, 2006

Post Electronics Binge

I am happy to report I am finished with my electronics buying binge. The grand finale was ordering a customized laptop that I am now looking forward to, instead of stressing over. It was more intense than buying a car, and maybe even like a mini-version of buying a house. It was educational. Even though my last computer purchase was only two and a half years ago, things have changed in processors, and of course now I want wireless internet access so I can work from the coffee shop.

I have lost a pound since my pre-Thanksgiving weigh-in. Which is really a nice mood booster for me today. Losing a pound during a week that included a major eating holiday is a miracle for an eater like me. And, a woman at work commented something about me getting "skinny" today. It helps to hear these things and get some feedback because I feel like I have barely put a dent in the weight I need to lose. I do believe, though, that I am moving into the next phase of my weightloss path, taking off another chunk of it. I

have not been very interested in food the past few days, and had attributed this phenomenon to my obsession with picking out electronics. Even though some of it was stressful I did not stress eat. I think I was a step beyond stress eating, where I actually (if you can believe this) don't eat when stressing. I have been using my protein shakes to make sure I get my nutrition, and, don't get me wrong, I have been eating, just less, and thinking about it less. I hope to hang onto this less food/less thinking of food state of mind even now that the shopping binge is over. I am looking forward to a happy balance now - and to Christmas when we can begin to enjoy the fruits of my shopping labor.


We are in the midst of an ice storm today so school for my daughter let out early and I left work early to work from home. I love snowy days where I can look out from my warm window at the snow covering the trees and ground. Even though this is ice right now, it has covered the ground with white and glazed the trees. Snow is anticipated for tonight, maybe up to 8 inches. I hope it does not do too much damage, but I am enjoying it right now and hoping for the electricity to stay on. I had the urge to get goodies when I stopped by the store for supplies. But instead I bought some really beautiful, juicey oranges, and some tastey looking soups.

I am grateful today that I bought four new tires for the car on Monday. I felt prepared for the ice storm today. And, I got my furnace serviced last night - just a cleaning but I received an unexpected benefit. The man who serviced it accidently did something that shorted out the circuit board and ingniter (I now know what these things are) and as a result he had to install new ones - for free! So my furnace was enhaced by his mistake. Now I can run the furnace knowing it is in good condition. It's a new home-owner thing with me, laying in bed at night hearing the furnace squeak and thinking its going to break and cost me a huge amount of money. That weight is now lifted.

Enough rambing on. I hope to settle into my normal routine now and catch up reading everyone's blogs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Congrats on that skinny compliment and losing weight.

I was watching the news this morning and saw my old town of Tulsa was getting a snow storm. This morning in Houston, it was 74 degrees and within an hour the temperature dropped 20 degrees. It is already in the low 40's!! But we don't get snow down here.

Drive careful and stay warm.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home