Saturday, December 02, 2006

Post Winter Storm

I was without internet access all day on Friday and most of today. It seemed like longer. Many people, though, lost power entirely and are still without. So I am one of the fortunate ones. I am very tired today. My daughter had a friend over who had no electricity. She stayed with us yesterday, last night and all went home this evening. They were up late and it kept me up. Then her father came before 8 a.m. to take her to her Saturday detention. I could not go back to sleep after that. I tend to eat more when I am tired, but today did not go badly at all. But it could have been better. I have been doing things around the house. I unclogged my bathroom sink, and redirected air from two lower level heat ducts. The vent covers were forcing the air upward so my downstairs was cold and my upstairs was blazing hot. So I have been getting handy around the house and feeling good about it. It is part of lessening my load. I am getting to the tasks around the house that I put off. They weighed upon me. I think there's a relationship between shedding pounds and shedding other things that "weigh" me down. My confidence is stronger when I do a task I could not master, like fixing the sink. I feel excited about owning a house instead of intimidated or overwhelmed. And, likewise, now that weight is coming off slow and steady again, I feel excited about that, instead of depressed, and defeated. I even tackled a corner of my room where things accumulate. It was like an archeological dig. With artifacts of the past 9 months or so being uncovered.

Enough about me. I did not get to read other blogs the other day as planned so I am getting to it now before I lose internet access again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Instead of being a “vicious circle” it becomes a “can do circle” or a "circle of hope"

12:39 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

I was wondering how you (and Vickie, Laura, Jen) were all doing -- it seemed as if the storm had be in SOMEONE'S path.

I'm glad you had power; I'm rereading your post and glad you resisted eating when you were tired.

Being "stuck" at home can be really productive; and tackling cluttered areas one area at a time is a great way to get rid of debris.

Great job!!!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home