Tuesday, November 21, 2006

catching up

I have not been able to post in the past few days. And I have little time today. Things have been stressful but I am happy to say that I am not responding to the stress with extra food. It feels weird. My dinner may have been a little bigger last night but that was the end of it, and I did not go on to eat all evening or anything like I used to do. I can get through more of Tae Bo without getting sore. And I am feeling pretty stable on the food. I have found myself craving salt, though and feeling extra thirsty. Not sure what that is about. Thanksgiving is almost here and my Mom is having a turkey breast instead of the entire bird, at my suggestion for a number of reasons. There will be some traditional stuff, but there will be good choices for a person wanting to not overdo it. That person being me, of course. But I plan to enjoy the dinner without turning it into a weekend long episode of over indulgence so there will be things I will most likely choose to avoid entirely.

I am looking forward to a bit of a retreat this weekend. I am planning to go to my friend's guest house in the country after our visit to my parent's house. So I will be away from all computers and not even have cell phone reception for a couple of days I hope. Need some bonding time with my daughter who has had a few negative reports from school. We have been clashing on some social activity issues and how much freedom she should have. So a few days together without distractions can provide some strength to our relationship. That's the goal anyway.

The clothes I ordered came and I have to send something back for being too big - when does that happen?? That was nice. And the other stuff fit just right, being one size smaller than I used to get, and I was happy with how things looked. So things are looking up but I am not going to think my work is complete and go back to eating bags of mircowave popcorn laying in front of the TV. I am not even halfway to goal yet. But its nice to see some progress and not sabatoge it.

I am hanging in there and staying focused on progress. Hope everyone has a great Holiday!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

First of all, congratulations on the smaller clothes!

And the strength and agility on the Tae Bo--that's awesome.

I think you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you and your daughter have a good time together with your friend. Sometimes getting away from the outside world with friends and family can be a relaxing and rejuvenating time.

Happy Thanksgiving.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Have a great holiday!!!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home