Wednesday, November 15, 2006

When all else fails, drink lots of water

I am drinking extra water today to literally flush away my excesses of yesterday. We have coolers of spring water at the office and I am making good use of it. Water is important every day but especially today.

I visited http://www.betterwayhealth.com/drinking-water.asp about the benefits of water and it said that water can:

Improve Your Energy
Increase Your Mental and Physical Performance
Remove Toxins & Waste Products from your body
Keep Skin Healthy and Glowing
Help You Lose Weight
Reduce Headaches and Dizziness
Allow for proper Digestion
Help to keep you more Alkaline

And, about weight loss and water, it said:

"Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so developing a good water drinking habit can be a long-term aid in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Doctor F. Batmanghelidj MD, author of "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" says most times your “hunger” is your body asking for water – not food. It's also important to remember that when the body is dehydrated, fat cells get "rubbery" and cannot be easily metabolized. This means that it's harder to lose when you don't drink your water."

So, here's to drinking plenty of water. That's my goal for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Getting 2 liters of water a day is almost impossible for me. I usually can only get 1 liter in.
I drink coffee in the morning, so I do not start drinking water until after 1:00 pm. And then, it is very hard to 'choke' it down.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I just have to keep some water next to me at all times while I am at work, and then I drink it. When I am home, if I have bottled water chilled in the refrigerator, I am more likely to drink it.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home