Friday, November 17, 2006

Bake Sale

My company had a bake sale today to raise money for our adopted family for the holidays. I made a decision to donate money without taking any baked goods. This gives the donation and keeps more baked goods for them to sell. Sheesh, does the food ever stop showing up around here? At least it is downstairs in a room where I never go. Far away. I am too focused on my Thanksgiving goal (giving myself a little more weight loss to be thankful for) to get side tracked by this latest congretation of goodies. The Halloween candy basket finally ran dry at the end of last week.

I snuck and weighed early because I was too curious and I was a pound lighter this morning so I am now moving into new weight loss territory. This is very encouraging and helps me stick to my resolve. I should be able to see a number I have not seen in six years pretty soon.......very exciting. No bake sale is going to stand in my way!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrates on your NSV!! The holidays are always a hard time of the year to stay on track!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Wouldn't it be simpler, less expensive and less time consuming to have EVERYBODY just chip in $$$ or put the listing of gifts (needed) on ornaments and hang them on a tree for people to choose one to donate???

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

Great idea! I've done that when passing different groups with bake sales in front of my grocery store. I don't want to be surly and sound like W.C. Fields (get away from me little boy) so I just give a dollar and say keep it.

I'm sure the mothers are going, "take it, take it! We don't want it either!" but that's their problem. There's always a trash can nearby.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home