Thursday, November 09, 2006

Something to be Thankful For

It is two weeks until Thanksgiving. I decided to give myself something else to be thankful for this year. I am going to stick to my program and see what kind of results I have at the end of the two weeks. I have lots of things I am thankful for already. But I want to somehow put my weight struggle over with the things to be grateful for. Have a little victory to celebrate. Tuesday night I did a little mindless eating while watching the election results. But yesterday I was able to recover from that by sticking to my eating plan. I was way too tired,though, after getting only a few hours of sleep to exercise even though the Tae Bo videos arrived. I will break them out tonight.

I am still losing the few pounds that I gained during my slump but I should be able to break new weight loss ground soon.

I will end this rambling with a little part of a meditation I read this morning:

We are just where we need to be today. The experiences that we meet are like points on the map of our journey. Some of them are rest stops. Others resemble high-speed straight-aways. The journey to our destination is not always smooth, but the more we let God sit in the driver's seat, the easier will be our ride.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I have the Tae Bo Boot Camp DVD, which one did you buy? I bought last would you believe it has never been viewed? Let me know if you like his workout or not. Maybe I'll blow off the 9 months of dust and give it a whirl.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I got Tae Bo for Abs and Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1 - it looked like as close to the beginner version as I could find.

I have an idea, I will break on out tonight and do a review in my post tomorrow. My daughter did a Tae Bo workout video in gym class and said it was fun. But then, she's 13 years old and skinny...

9:59 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

PS - I checked out Billy Blanks and I liked his philosophy- see below:

Workout Philosophy: True fitness, excellence and human value come from the inside. Physical exercise is a tool to reach that inner state of grace.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did read the post about your grandson -- wonder what happened. I have been noticing a lot of weird stuff with Blogger since they started testing their Beta version. Hopefully they will get all that settled in eventually.

I like your plan and am at that place myself -- just want to stop fighting and follow the rules for a while and see where that leads me.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home