Friday, November 10, 2006

Me and Tae Bo Billy

Last night I tried out my Tae Bo workout videos. Wow. What a workout! I could not do the "double time" and did not finish the entire workout, but boy did I feel it, and feel like I got a good workout. I did most of the cardio circuit 1 video, but like I said, had limitations with the double time and some other parts. I started the abs workout and did some of it and then stopped. All together I worked out for a half an hour. I like Billy Blanks. It's cardio on speed. And I have to do it at my pace for now. The workout moves my body in ways I have not been moving, and works the abs like never before. I like that.

I also like what he says during the video. He's an encouraging guy. And I like that approach. So I am going to stick with Billy for now, and not be discouraged if I lag behind. I am thinking that Tae Bo Billy in the morning would be good, and then gym in the evenings. Billy makes the gym seem like relaxation. I'd suggest Billy for anyone who feels stuck in their workouts or weight loss program.

That's my workout video review. As for the eating less part of my program - last night I had my first Medifast shake as my last "meal" of the day (I had a salad with lean meat for dinner) and am happy to report that I did not feel like eating the rest of the night. I like the shakes because they are low in sugar, contain 14 grams of protien and an assortment of other nutrients. Plus, they actually taste good. Since evenings are my hardest time of the day it was a true accomplishment to not even feel like eating. Maybe it had to do with my date with Tae Bo Billy, or both. I'm just grateful for whatever it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I pulled out my Tae Bo DVD, but decided against doing it yesterday. I am walking on treadmill enough to burn calories and do not want to burn out on working out. I decided I would try his Boot camp next month as a 'pump it up part 2' getting through the Christmas holiday.

Years ago, when he first made his name with Tae Bo, my husband and I had the video and worked out together. My favorite part of Billy was the cool down. He had slow arm movements (almost like the Chinese exercise ??? can't remember what it is called) any way, the cool down really relaxed me.

P.S. - My hubby and I could not do the double time on leg kicks or arm punches either.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I used shakes for a long time (too) and found it very helpful. Very filling and good.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home