Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Last night I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone. She was venting about her job which has been frustrating her for months. She is stressed out at work most of the time and then after work the stress comes home with her. (Maybe it has to do with those Blue Monster energy drinks..) But I realized when she asked me how my day had been that I had already forgotten about my workday, which at the time had been quite bad in my opinion. In fact, I had felt really stressed and frustrated in the afternoon. I attribute my pleasant amnesia to the fact that I had gone to the gym and worked out at around 6:30 p.m. It gave me a feeling of success and gave me that high I get from the cardio. I also do some prayer and meditation while I am on the cardio equipment.

It was really amazing to realize that the stress had melted away without me even trying or thinking of it. Today is a new day, and the same projects are sitting on my desk. They will be taken care of. They always are. I hope I keep up the working out because I already feel the benefits. My body feels better, and so does my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

When I left the gym this afternoon, the owner happened to be minding the front desk. I picked up my keys (I don't take a bog or purse in - so I just leave them at the front desk) on my way out - and he asked "Feel better?" He didn't mean that he thought that I felt bad on my way IN - I didn't - he meant - Did your work out make you feel better? and you know - it always does.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home